Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never owned a Mercedes before...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 12:06 AM

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Never owned a Mercedes before...

But I was faced with the prospect of getting yet another 3 Series, and I just couldn't do it. So I went online and did some research and discovered I might just like a W205 C300. And 48 hours later, I do.

I also have an old Jeep and an older Porsche, and I'm in the habit of doing a lot of my own work. But with the Mercedes, I'm hoping the warranty will keep it out of my hands. I don't want to turn it into any kind of project.

That said, I already decided the chromed spoiler was a little too much, visually, so I muted it with a quickie wrap job.

By way of introduction, I'm a fiction writer who's best known for my garage and driving my old 911. As a hobby, I've been road racing and instructing for about 18 years. Now I occasionally work as a driving coach for Porsche at their Experience Center here in Los Angeles. But I'm happiest out in my little shop:

I hope to put the Mercedes up on the lift soon and see how it's put together -- and hopefully NOT take anything apart. It's my daily driver, after all. It's supposed to bring me no drama whatsoever.

First question: Do most C300 engines sound a little sewing-machine-y when they're warming up in the morning, or is it just mine?