Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy in soth florida.....need help finding someone with sds/star/xentry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 04:04 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2005 e320 cdi
New guy in soth florida.....need help finding someone with sds/star/xentry

Hey all,

So have a 2005 e320 cdi with a no start issue and need help finding someone in south florida who has the star/xentry diag gear to help suss out a no start issue.

Ok, so long story short. Decided to do some prevent maintenance by changing out injector seal. Have done it before on this engine on other cylinders and all went fine. Buttoned everything back up and car ran rough. Something like the cylinder wasn't firing off. ODB scan says open circuit on that cylinder(#1). Pulled fuel lines from rail to chase wiring on top of motor for short/arc. Nothing out of ordinary so buttoned everything back up. Motor turned over but would not fire off....like air in the lines. Tried turning over a few more times(car turning motor over to clear lines of air) then car would no longer pump over. Not froze...just no longer would turn over electronically. Thought battery may be a bit drained from all the trying, so pulled batteries and charged to make sure ok and possibly(hoping) to reset comp. Car will now fire up for about 1-2 seconds then shuts down. Seems like an electrical shut down.

So been calling around to numerous indy shops in soflo to no avail. Either they don't have any/much experience with diesel motors, don't want to touch em, don't have proper equipment to scan em(i know, what is a euro shop doing without proper daig tools), or i simply don't trust their claim to knowledge....i.e. not comfortable with their skills at trouble shooting. I can swap parts on the car until i find the issue, but need to find someone who can actually diag the car correctly the first time.

Have a feeling that currently there is something(possibly sensor) out of range/parameters that the ecu is looking at once fired so decides to shut it down. Could be wrong, but think a reset of everything with the star/xentry tools(or comparable diag tool) will allow the car to then keep running. Guess what i am hoping for it to find someone in south florida than has the diag tools, and knowledge, to come to my location to give it a shot. Am happy to pay someone for their time. Should it not be so simple guess i'll have to break down and bring to dealer---reeeeaaally would rather not
Old 02-24-2018, 09:49 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2005 e320 cdi
Just a quick thought, does mercedes set up their vehicles to shut off a start up sequence if the battery voltage falls too low? I.E. the motor will turn over just fine and begin to run for a second or two, but will shut itself off i guess due to the battery voltage drop at load(start up)?