Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty for Headlamps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E-Class 4Matic
Extended Warranty for Headlamps

Recently, I made a warranty claim for the passenger side headlamp, stopped working after 75,000 miles on my 2010 MB E-Class 4Matic. The claim was denied. MB said the headlamp stopped working due to moisture in the headlamp and the headlamp control unit. I said isn't that due to faulty seal? They never gave me a straight answer. The headlamp and the control unit with labor will cost $3,100. Has anyone had a similar experience? I decided to take MB to a Small Claims Court, but in turn, they sent an attorney to the court to move the case to a Civil division. This is my second MB E-Class...it will be my last.

Last edited by efheard; 02-22-2018 at 03:44 PM. Reason: It was not clear, so decided to change some words and phrases.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:48 PM

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts
2008 E63 wagon (1 of 62)
you took them to court for an 8 year old car not being covered under warranty? Did you have an extended warranty on the vehicle? Generally any kind of outside influence such as water intrusion that causes failure is not covered under warranty unless you can prove the part caused the leak. But again, your vehicle is 8 years old now..
Old 02-22-2018, 03:46 PM

2010 E-Class 4Matic
Yes, I had an extended warranty. When I took the vehicle in, I still had 3 months and 25,000 miles left in the warranty.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:35 AM

2010 E-Class 4Matic
I just found out that MB headlamp moisture problem is pretty common for pre-2014 models. Also, Magneti Maretti headlamps were known for having sealing issues. Knowing this, I don't know why MB refuses to do the right thing. I don't know how much money MB spends on advertising to gain customers, but as a businessman, I certainly would not treat a loyal customer the way MB has managed my situation.