Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

2001 W220 320cdi HELP NEEDED!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 S320 cdi 197ps
2001 W220 320cdi HELP NEEDED!!

First of all hello to everyone. Know this forum for longer but just now registered cause I am running out of ideas. Any advice will help me. I was searching for my problem through the forum but didnt found any exact or very simillar symptoms to mine.
So my w220 320cdi 145kw was in workshop for oil change and check up. Mechanic told me turbocharger will need a rebuild in near future so told them to order new one and change it. Took the car home everything worked fine. I parked it in the garage and went for a 2 week vacation. Came home, wanted to take my car out but the time of nightmare came. Car started up no problem but the drivers headlamp isnt working , right indication lights in the headlamp and mirror(rear right indicator works), front passengers soft close, passenger seat adjustment, passenger seat heating. Everything on the front passengers side. Left indocators lights fog lights soft close works. The main problem is that air suspension also doesnt work, is as as low as possible, cant get it up. Suspension bothers me the most cause there is a steep slope in front of my garage and without lifted suspension no chance getting out so I cant even get to dealership and diagnose the car. Basically its stuck in the garage. Ive checked all fuses and relays(everything fine), read that w220 needs loads of juice so bought a new battery but no success. I will be thankfull for any advice its really getting on my nerves have no idea what to do.
Thanks for any replies
Old 03-10-2018, 04:45 PM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Mercedes R320L CDI 4MATIC 2007
I would think of the water collecting at the interior floor, causing short cut, but the car is in the garage, so that maybe can be excluded. Maybe humidity in the car/garage bit higher? Made a "favor" to the connectors being oxidized on some responsible control unit and losing the connection to it? possibly SAM module? or Central Gateway? I would check the connections of the controllers/modules first. Normally they are fitted under the floor in the front right and left side, as well under the rear seat cushion. Also searching for oxidization on the connectors in relay and fuse boxes? that would be my guess, for start.
Old 03-11-2018, 02:48 PM

2001 S320 cdi 197ps
I ll check it out. Thanks for quick reply.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:47 PM

2001 S320 cdi 197ps
After some time Im back. Had lots of other stuff on work. So i had checked all the wires and by some magic all electronics came back except airmatic. Again thanks for advice, maybe there was a bad fontact in the wiring. However have founded out something interesting and that is that at the workshop they definitely ripped one white cable that is attached right next to the black tube going into the turbo wastegate. Im not sure if the white tube has to do something with airmatic. I know for sure that it is sucking in air at low pressure nothing strong. Is somebody out here familliar enough with om613 and would have an idea where this tube goes? Again thanks very much for any help.