Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

2010 E350 Coupe loss of acceleration whilst driving and now it won't start.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e350 cdi
2010 E350 Coupe loss of acceleration whilst driving and now it won't start.

Hi, i'm hoping someone may have the knowledge to shine a little light on my situation.
I have a 2010 E350 Coupe diesel, full service history and its sods law it was booked in for a service today. Had the car for 7 months, it drove fine, no problems or any signs of problems, no warning lights or anything. In the time i've had the car i've probably drove 6k in it. I went on a 300 mile round trip yesterday, on my way back doing about 70mph the car slowly lost acceleration so i pulled over onto the hard shoulder. When the car came to a stop the engine cut out and the instrument cluster lit up. There were no warning lights or anything whilst driving. The problem is, the car will not start and there are no noises or any signs at all that its trying to start. The instrument cluster lights up as it should but thats about it. I have no idea what it could be as i would have thought there would have been some sort of warning light relating to any problems. The car has half a tank of fuel, oil and water etc.

If anyone has any type of idea or can shine some light on what it may be it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.