Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

W205 C Class Coupe 2017 Burmester Sounds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C Class Coupe
W205 C Class Coupe 2017 Burmester Sounds

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help with a fairly straightforward question, but which the advice from my MB dealer has left me confused.

Having recently purchase a secondhand 2017 C Class Coupe C250d with Burmester sound system, I notice there was very little sound coming from the rear of the car, no matter what settings I used ("fade" to rear, surround sound etc). The mid range / tweeters appear in the rear side panels to be working, but there doesn't seem to be any (much) sound coming from the speakers in the rear parcel shelf. On the second visit to my MB dealer today to have the issue investigated, they told me that there are NO speakers in the rear parcel shelf. The "speaker" grills are just dummies.

Is this correct? Seems extraordinary to me that there wouldn't be speakers in the rear parcel shelf. Also, the specification is for 13 speakers. I assume this would include the 2 rear parcel shelf speakers.

Can anyone tell me definitively whether this car should have speakers in the rear parcel shelf? You help would be much appreciated, and help me to avoid dismantling the rear parcel shelf.

Many thanks.