Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Half-Restoring my W124 250D Help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W124 250D OM602
Half-Restoring my W124 250D Help!!

Hello guys, I am owner of W124 with 250 OM602 66kW (90hp). It is in possession of my family for 11 years now and we bought it from our cousin, but that is not important thing haha...

Because I will start earning much more in matter of few weeks, because of new job, I want to kinda restore my beauty. Currently it is in pretty OK shape, engine and transmision are in perfect shape and there is some rust but nothing major. Like you will see in photos, my W124 is equpied with "Bad terrain" package and front suspension is too high and it just looks wrong, plus on the other side it probably isn't good for aerodynamics, handling, braking and accelerating. I was just looking at some suspension upgrades from H&R, and there is "sport springs" option and "Cup kit" option. What of these two would work better for me, just to say i don't want to make my handle like Porsche 911, I want that W124 softness, but eliminating some body-roll would be really good. If you have some better solution feel free to share it, but I am not intrested in cutting my springs or some similar unsafe thing.