Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

My first MB - a 2003 CL55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 04:41 PM
QP3

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CL55 AMG
My first MB - a 2003 CL55 AMG

I thought I'd introduce myself.

Bought a used 2003 CL55 AMG in pretty nice condition the other day, my first Merc.

Previously I restored a vintage Maserati Quattrporte, much older and different technology than this car. Fantastic engine. Weber carbs. Wow.

There are a few things needing done on the CL55, but the dealer has promised to take care of the list we made together, so I'm looking forward to at least a few months of care-free driving.

The car has even more power than my last one, which is a nice bonus. She really flies on the highway!

I just downloaded the owners manual and will slog through the 300+ pages before starting on the 200+ page "Command Center" manual.

Since there doesn't seem to be any USB port installed from the factory (much too early for that), I'll get a lighter adapter. I was hoping to get my iPhone connected somehow, and found a few online guides. My car has the "Tel" button, but I don't see any UHI connector in the center console storage, neither top or bottom portion. Are there other ways to connect a modern phone to the system?

Other than that, the only oddity I've noticed is that the car blinks at me when I lock it (not the 3x blinkers, but the fog lights and brake lights start blinking and never stop until I unlock and lock it over again), haven't yet figured out what that means.

Looking forward to learning more about this car.

QP3