Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Hello MB World !!! From Connecticut

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2018 | 09:29 PM

98 SL 600, 95 SL 500
Smile Hello MB World !!! From Connecticut

Hello All, Kevin from CT !! BRAND NEW to this forum and will definitely be on here quite a bit. I was originally in the market for the “Magnum PI” style (R107) model, but during my search, have now ended up with not one, but TWO R129’s.

So, as the story goes, I had been searching for months for an 87-89 560 SL. By random chance, I was out running errands and stopped by an garage/tag/estate sale. It was first thing in the morning and they had just begun allowing people to enter the home. There was not much there that I was interested in, HOWEVER, as I was leaving, the owner was opening up the garage and while he was lifting the door, he yelled out, is there anyone interested in buying a Mercedes and laughed (I assume the laughter was that he would expect to sell a luxury car at this type of sale). I turned around and there sat a R129, 98 SL 600 (with a for sale sign on the windshield). I went back to ask what he was asking and what work, if any, did it need. Long story short, while it was not the model I had been originally seeking, the price, the mileage and the condition was well worth it for me to purchase. It does not need much and while searching for a couple of parts, I have now found a 95 SL 500 (which had been advertised as a parts car). When I went out to see the car to determine if it had the parts I needed, I realized I had stumbled on yet another good deal. So…. I ended up buying it as well (not for a parts car, but perhaps to create a his/her pair).

Since these two purchases, I have still not found the parts I need, BUT, have found a pano roof (which I promptly purchased for the SL600) and am still looking for parts and some advice. I will post my comments in the appropriate forums, but wanted to stop by here first to say hello. I will post pics soon.

I guess I have now been officially bitten by the bug !!!

Last edited by Hollywood820; 04-12-2018 at 09:17 AM.