Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

P0171 code set, CEL on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C180K Estate (W203 M271)
P0171 code set, CEL on

Hi there guys

I am wondering if anyone can be of assistance to me. I have a 2005 C180K Estate with 281000 km on it. The dealership has done my chain, gears, breathers etc. twice already. I paid the first time and they paid the second time. Anyway, this is my problem: About six months ago, I started up my car and drove off to work when i immediately realized the engine was misfiring. I pulled out my scan tool and found the codes P0171 and P0303 set. I started by switching plugs and coils and when this didn't work I replaced the cylinder 3 injector with an aftermarket one. Needless to say, the problem remained. I the check the compression on the cylinders and all checked out ok. Next I removed the tappet cover and checked the timing, gears and chain. My timing was around 5deg out. Gears were still in good shape, it seemed the chain was stretched. I replaced the chain and tensioner and thoroughly cleaned the TB and thought that would solve my problem. After reading further threads here I learned that the MAF sensor could also be the culprit. I proceed to remove it abd gave it a thorough clean with CRC MAF Sensor cleaner. I cleared the code and drove it around for about 10 minutes. It performed well until the P0171 code returned. I have since stuck my dad's MAF into my vehicle and it did the same thing.

I have no clue as to what else it may be.

I am thinking about my no.2 02 sensor, since i replaced the number one a few months ago. I have also been thinking about the fuel pressure.

Do any of you guys have any ideas/

I would greatly appreciate any help with this.

Thanks

Monquer