Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Help my Ml350 wont start or shift gears it just beeps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2018 | 02:49 PM

Ml350
Exclamation Help my Ml350 wont start or shift gears it just beeps

My 2012 Ml350 has been glitching since I placed it in the garage this winter.I tookit out for a ride this spring and First the car detector went out on the passenger and driver side then the wipers went out. I made a appointment to take it in before rain came and i got a alert on the dash saying take straight to dealer dont shift gears. Started up like normal so I take it in the next day. I had a diagnostic exam done on it and nothing came up. Been driving it for the last 3 weeks and nothing until the wipers went out again. I take it in again and they change the fuse and give it back and to me. When I get in it says dont shift gears take straight to service center again while im still in the dealers lot. They take it in and now my truck wont start or shift gears. Mercedes dealer says It's not the sam, battery or backup battery, or fuse so what could it be? Mercedes dealer has no clue and diagnostic is coming back good! Any idea anyone? Has anyone else seen or had this happen? If so what is the solution?

Display on the dash
Old 05-26-2018 | 09:38 PM

ML63 AMG
Hi Erica, try this
Push accelerator pedal to the floor, turn key to 3rd position so all dash lights come on & wait 10 seconds, turn key back to 1st position as if you are turning off motor but leave key in & keep foot on accelerator for 2 minutes. Don’t open the doors or turn anything back on. This resets your ecu, then take foot off accelerator and start the car as normal & wait to see if problem persists. If you have keyless go, pop the button off and underneath you’ll find there’s a key hole.