Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Help my Mercedes E290 TD 1998, back to life.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E290 TD
Help my Mercedes E290 TD 1998, back to life.

Hi from Sweden.
I need all your expertise on my major problem I have got stuck and don't know where to start. I am going from the beginning how everything started.

One day ,the diesel started to leak from the inj pump And after a while didn't start at all. Just sucked air I suppose. Mb shop wanted 3000 euro to change pump and the local shops didn't want to touch it.. The only option was to send the pump to hungary where they changed the seals for 50 euro.
(I know big mistake to take the pump of the car).
While putting back the pump I did according to the standard( cyl 1, 17 degrees before top dead center, on its compression stroke , I got the inj pump plunger at 1,1-1,2 mm prelift at 0 degrees on cyl 1 at top dead Centre . Everything good so far. Then I realized a rat had chewed some cables going from the throttle potentiometer to the ecu box. I soldered all the cables back to its matching colors. And checked if I could find some more chewed up cables, I didint. So I fired her up and she started on idle, but then I figured out I have no throttle at all. When I push the pedal down I hear a different engine noise but no throttle response. (I got allso some faul on the)dash board..
Sent the car to the workshop to read faul codes and i get.
P1350, unknown code
P1223 modulated needle lift sensor
P1222 inj pump servo potentiometer
P0115 motor temp sensor
P1615 voltagefeeder to ecu
P1470 inlet air pressure regulator
P0105 pressure sensor
P0600 CAN
P1622 fuel shut off valve
P1352 unknown fault code

What the heck?? The engine starts and idles runs almost perfect on idle and does shut off with keys. So I don't understand with all the codes. Is the pump wrongly put in or have I soldered the cables wrongly, can the cable that I might have put wrongly back give all this faul codes ? I don't understand at all where should I begin
Thank you so much for your help
Old 05-21-2018, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Wow a lot wrong. Hopefully some of the members can help. I do not know anything about diesel. sorry.