Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

New member in San Diego

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
New member in San Diego

Hello. I just picked up my first Mercedes... an '06 E320 CDI in iridium silver last week. After owning a mk4 Jetta TDI for a few years, I wanted to acquire a nicer riding touring car and I'll tell you -- I'm not disappointed!!
Phenomenal road side manners, nearly the same amount of torque as the 7.4l 454 in my RV and 30+MPG to boot. I may not get the 50MPG I wring out of my Jetta, but it's definitely a pleasure to drive.

I do all my own maintenance, most of my own repairs so I'm sure I have a steep learning curve ahead of me. I've changed the engine oil using Mobil 1 EU blend, did a trans flush using 5 gallons of Maxlife ATF, replaced the dif oil with Mobil 1 synthetic - I think I'm good to go for a li'l while.

Now I need to source parts and repair info so I know where to get it and how do do it. Feel free to comment on ideas or favorite sources!
I'd sure like to upgrade that old style NAV/stereo - what are people doing to upgrade to a touch screen style?

I have a feeling I will own this car for a loooonnngg time!!
Jay from San Diego
Old 05-26-2018, 07:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 679 Likes on 644 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Welcome good luck with upgrades . please post picture of your ride
Old 06-01-2018, 03:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 G55 AMG
Welcome

Welcome in board