Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

'08 C300 Key Issue? Won't Start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 C300
Question '08 C300 Key Issue? Won't Start

I purchased a '08 C300 approximately 2 years ago and was only given one key when purchasing the car.

I may or may not have dropped my car keys in the snow a couple of times in the winter, where the FOB (unlocking, locking, trunk) was slowly starting to deteriorate to the point where it would slowly completely stop working. As a result, I have been locking/unlocking my car with the manual key that comes out.

I thought this was a minor issue and did not want to take it to the dealer to be charged a ridiculous amount.

Fast forward a couple months and I tried going into my car this morning, put my key into the ignition as normal and there was no "startup sound". I thought this was very strange, and when turning the key there is absolutely nothing at all. The engine isn't moving or making any sounds at all. The foot brake seemed to tense up as well. The radio and electric powered seats are still operating fine. After some time the dash goes dark, but when I reinsert the key it lights back up. It is also making a very faint "beeping" sound when I'm turning the key

Does anyone have any idea what this may be? A key issue? A mechanical issue?

I appreciate any help
Old 06-03-2018, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 C300
Update: I was playing around with my key, changed the batteries in it and the unlocking/locking/trunk function is working now.... stil nothing when in the ignition