Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Stue from Sydney

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 04:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 ML 500
Stue from Sydney

Hi everyone, I'm newbie so be please be patient, cheers.

I have a 2002 W163 ML500...and I love it! I've had it for 8 years and been fastidious with its maintenance. But now I have a problem and its intermittent. When I'm in stop start city traffic the car will sometimes fail to accelerate. It's always at low revs, once I'm up and running the fault disappears. Some days when driving to work it doesn't happen, so its very hard to get the mechanic to diagnose the issue.

The first thing he tried was to change the air intake feed. It connects to the ECU and through this the injector flow is regulated. (This is what he told me) It was fine for two days then it started to happen again. Next he replaced the entire fuse box. Not only did this fix the problem but a dash cluster light that was out came on again! But alas after a weekend road trip of over 600 Kilometres with out a problem and purring like a kitten - once back to work on Monday the fault started again!

The check engine light has come on, but then the next day its out. he did a diagnostic and found the check engine data that said it was a 'power to the sensor' problem. When it happens I will clear the 'flat spot' if I put the accelerator to the floor...but in city stop start driving...not very safe.

Anyway I'm now getting very frustrated. Has anyone had a similar problem and if so know how to fix it?

Thanks for reading, all the best.

Stu.