Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

E350 4matic engine vibration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2018 | 02:48 PM

E 350 4matic 2011
E350 4matic engine vibration

Hi, after going though so many posts and not being able find the answer i have finally decided to post the topic. I drive a e350 4matic 2011 model which i recently bought. Everything was ok in the car but it had a slight vibration in the steering wheel at first. I found out the rims were bent so i got some other used rims, turns out those were slightly bent too so the guy got them fixed for me and the balancing showed they were fine but still if i am driving at 60mph and leave the steering there would be visible movement in it and gets worse when i brake. The discs were polished and brake pads changed but that didnt solve the issue. Later i started getting this huge amount of vibration in the car while driving at around 50mph and idle state. So i got the 3 mounts changed, 2 engine 1 transmission. That has reduced the vibration to 70% but still at idle the vibration is felt and it gets more if in D and worse in R. Also one thing i noticed is that if i slightly move the car then it goes away and if i keep going it comes back like in circles. My mechanic is also kind of confused but i want to hear from you guys if any of you had such issue and maybe i can direct him to the right issue.
Since everything has happend together i should also point out that while turning right on exits as the car is quite fast the left side gives this shaky feeling in the car and the steering. Now i dont know if all this is interconnected or seprate issues with the vibration in the engine and the vibration of steering while turning right and braking