Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

2009 E320 Bluetec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 Bluetec
Exclamation 2009 E320 Bluetec

Hi, I have a 2009 E320 Bluetec and am having a couple of issues.with the instrument cluster. Yesterday my fuel gauge dropped to empty while I was driving and the fuel light came on about 15min later. After turning the car off for 10min the gauge came back on and hasn't done it again so far. The 2nd issue is that the center LCD display screen momentarily blinks random lights around the edge of the screen. These lights are the same one's that come on when cruise control is engaged, but they're very sporadic.

Someone told me the Auxiliary battery is the problem so I went to the dealer and bought one. The problem is I can't locate it. I've looked in the trunk, the drivers side dashboard and the front passenger side cabin filter area under the hood. The location under the hood has what looks like a computer sitting at an angle.

Does anyone know where I can find it? All the info online shows the battery is under the hood on the passenger side, but for some reason my car is different. The battery size looks different too. Also, is there anything else that I need to look at besides the auxiliary battery? The main battery on the car is new.

Thanks.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,050 Likes on 972 Posts
1999 E300TD
Take the battery back,you don't need it---you need a fuel level sensor that is going bad and then take the xx that told you that off your holiday card list!
Old 06-28-2018, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 Bluetec
Thanks for the tip. Any idea where it's located? I'd still like to change it just in case. Also, what's causing those blinking lights? My dad used to live in Riverview FL. He moved out of state. Got tired of the crowd/traffic.