Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Very quiet R500, very quiet indeed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 04:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R500
Very quiet R500, very quiet indeed

As is the norm, Hi all, this is clearly one of those great communities that means people like us can keep the cars we love going strong.
Based in the West of England, I came here to find a solution to my '56 plate R500 which absolutely refuses to start. She's seen a lot of action, she's a little doggy round the edges, but I want her running again and any help will be greatly appreciated.

(This is probably the wrong place for the details, but whilst a friend was hunting about trying to find a switched live to install something for me, it ended up not cranking or starting. The ignition comes on, but no cranky-cranky. I suspect some kind of immobiliser, and my friend (now feeling very guilty indeed) got hold of a Snap-On versus tool this shows that the instrument panel ECU seems to recognise the smart card, but the engine ECU claims that Start_Enable=0)

Now looking for the correct place to post my question properly; any and all guidance gratefully received.....

P
Old 10-18-2018, 02:38 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Benz
Wrong thread.

Last edited by 1ForcedBenz; 10-18-2018 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Sorry wrong thread