Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

A/C issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 MB E350 4matic sedan
A/C issue

New issue has started with ac. Have 2011 e350 4matic(w212). Hasn't done this b4. After car sits all day at work in heat (8-10hrs). When starting the car and turn on ac at max, or lo, it just blows hot air. Even if I just sit there at idle. Won't start blowing cold air til start driving, and get up to a certain rpm. I also tried something the other day. After starting and running about 5min. I decided to rev the engine b4 driving and the ac kicked on and started blowing very cold. I had the charge checked and its in normal range. Only happened if car sits all day. If I use the car throughout the day ac works fine. Could this be a sensor or something? I don't understand. Just started a couple months ago. Please anyone have any ideas. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 S55 AMG
I have a 2005 S55.

The left side vents will suddenly start blowing very hot air after hard acceleration. Right side still blowing cold air.

If I crank up the left side heat to Max and then reduce it to cool, it seems to fix the problem and start blowing cool air again.

Why would hard acceleration cause this issue???