Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG

Hello all, Just bought an 03 SL55 AMG, car has less than 40k miles. Runs and drives great absolutely love it. Bought it for my wife and now rethinking that move, just kidding. I have found one problem that I hope someone out there can help me with.
We got caught in a rainstorm the other day that only lasted about 15 minutes but really poured down and had no leaks. It cleared off and we put the top back down drove to the store, put the top up still no leaks. Also it didn't rain any more but when finished shopping and leaving the parking lot water poured out of the right hand side on the passengers leg. All the rubber seals look good to me other than a little waffling affect on the bottom side of the top rubber inside of where the door window would meet. I don't think this waffling itself has an affect on the seal as I said it is inside of where the window meets. I could be wrong and it maybe an indication of another problem.
Sorry for the long post.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
At the back of most cars there is a drain tube for the water to run off with the top up.somewhere at the bottom of the rear window. Check and see if it is clogged. Usually it drains down the side near rear wheels. Hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
whittle (07-18-2018)