Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Intro and Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2018 | 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c230
Question Intro and Question

Good evening everyone! I just became the owner of a second hand merc C230 2005 w203. I look to build this car up to be somewhat of a sleeper. A wolf in sheeps clothing so to say.. there are some ideas going around that I should do a engine swap to a E55 or C55 engine.
My question is, is that doable?? I'm trying to get some help by looking at what people have built on youtube but what it dosent show me is the build process. What will I encounter? what parts would I be looking at to make it all fit. my assumption is I have to change the drivetrain either way. New suspension and better brakes are a must. Exhaust would be the next problem as the spare tyre compartment wouldn't fit the quad exhaust set up. Are there any other things that I missed?

Before everyone starts saying just sell it and buy a E55/C55 AMG instead.. I can't for various reasons. But I do have some freed up cash to pump into the project.

Cheers Sam