Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

New member, 2012 C250 coupe sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2018 | 04:10 PM

2012 C250
New member, 2012 C250 coupe sport

Hi all. Got my C250 about 5 months ago and it's been good. I read on here about resetting the trans computer to learn my driving pattern. Well somehow I messed it up and got a check light right away. Now if I give it more than 50% throttle it goes into limp mode. I've tried 2 different scanners on it and neither read the code or will let me clear it. I took it to a Mercedes dealership and they said they needed to diagnose it for 2 days. I then took it to an independent shop and they said the same thing. Neither will just clear the code for me.

I'm certain the code is because I messed up the transmission reset protocol. Can anyone recommend a code scanner that will actually read and delete the code?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-24-2018 | 04:12 PM

2012 C250
And Mercedes read the code and it was a transmission solenoid. I didn't see the actual code name and didn't get the paper.
Old 08-27-2018 | 11:34 AM

2012 C250
Or does anyone know if it's even possible to clear a code like this? MB said you can only fix it once you replace the part throwing the code. I've never heard anything like that before. Also, disconnecting the battery and connecting the wires didn't reset anything (I left it overnight). Not even the radio.