Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Limp Mode E240 W210

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 04:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes 203 and 204
Question Limp Mode E240 W210

Hi All Peeps! Please Im about to pickle your brains,please find that my car goes into limp mode and I would switch her off and start her again and she would be finee,however I went for a diagnostic check and they said that there is no fault codes and that they have this common fault and I must replace the Electro Plating in the Valve body! Any how I did do that new plug on the gearbox to the electro plating new oil that Mercedes supplied the Mechanic and seals and the box was drained new plating and plug and seals was done! But Now I don`t understand the car does the same 1st start in the morning and shes in Limp mode! switch her off and on again and she re-sets her self ? But now on the diagnostic code it says gearshift lever! when before there was no fault codes! Please if you have had the same problem or if you can give me advise before I go a very costly route!
P.S. Do you think that it has to do with a temperature cause it only happens with the first start? Just a stone in the bush thought.Please any one out there!

Last edited by Smackaroo; 10-15-2018 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Just added extra did not really edit
Old 10-15-2018, 04:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
-
Hello and welcome.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML270
Suggest to take it back to the people who last worked on the car re your LIMP MODE issue. I would be 98% correct in thinking that they disturbed soemthing on the car in the process of that last repair(re limp mode) which now causes a fault code to appear. That issue should have occured in the workshop after the repair.
Beware, there are mechanics and there are mechanics.... 22 Oct 2018