C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

New Here. 98 MB c230

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 Mercedes-Benz C230
New Here. 98 MB c230

Hey all great to be here ive found alot of info and then havent found some info so here it is im new here maybe someone cant point me in the right direction. Soooo i bought my MB 98 C230 2 years ago for 400$ guy was moving back to cali didnt want to ship it back or something. Everything in the car worked when i bought it....then, i lost turn signals wipers went intermitent then died on me the windows didnt work. Everything i have read has pointed to wetness in fuses and front sam module. Past weekend i pulled it all out and confirmed a bolt was not put back and getting wet from bottom up sealed it up and put back together and nothing. I disconnected the battery and everything worked again for a week. Then just yesterday everything stopped i got home and disconnected the battery and reconnected it and everything worked. So is this a SAM gone bad or a SAM needing to reprogramed? anyting else i can do? Also if i replace the SAM will i need to reprogram it also?
Old 10-13-2018, 03:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
-
Hi and welcome.
Old 10-22-2022, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 Mercedes-Benz C230 Classic
hi...

Originally Posted by Atarari
Hey all great to be here ive found alot of info and then havent found some info so here it is im new here maybe someone cant point me in the right direction. Soooo i bought my MB 98 C230 2 years ago for 400$ guy was moving back to cali didnt want to ship it back or something. Everything in the car worked when i bought it....then, i lost turn signals wipers went intermitent then died on me the windows didnt work. Everything i have read has pointed to wetness in fuses and front sam module. Past weekend i pulled it all out and confirmed a bolt was not put back and getting wet from bottom up sealed it up and put back together and nothing. I disconnected the battery and everything worked again for a week. Then just yesterday everything stopped i got home and disconnected the battery and reconnected it and everything worked. So is this a SAM gone bad or a SAM needing to reprogramed? anyting else i can do? Also if i replace the SAM will i need to reprogram it also?
Hi I'm new here to, did you find the problem for your car ? I have the same questions...
Old 10-23-2022, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 716 Likes on 697 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W202 forum...
SAM doesn't need programming...