Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

New E320 CDI owner in Austin, TX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2018 | 04:30 PM

2005 E320 CDI
New E320 CDI owner in Austin, TX

Hi All,
No pic yet, as I just picked it up. a good friend and his wife's 2005 E320CDI. It is very clean, reasonable miles (85k) and has good service records from he and the previous original owner. Plus,as he is also a customer of mine and we have done trips in the car together, I know how he maintains things in general, and know this car personally. The navigation interface seems like a horrible old design, but the rest of the car seems great. I'm giving it as a surprise to my wife for our anniversary this weekend so I'll have pix later.

So, I've been poking around the site and read a lot of stuff, including long rabbit hole electronic brakes servo threads. Can anyone offer a new guy a preferred service manual (OEM or aftermarket) and preferred parts suppliers?
I'm an engineer (I know, ugh) and run a repair and suspension shop (mostly motorcycle oriented) and so can do most myself, and want to get the sources aligned. And no worries, I know my limits and what I'm not practically the best guy to do, and am lucky to have a very good friend running a German car repair place 5 miles up the highway.

I have only one immediate thing to do, which is only cosmetic, and that is getting a good steering wheel cover or cap, ideally leather, and to match the light cream colored leather interior. I'd love to hear any recommendations of model and/or source. I saw one nice one on Amazon, but it was for a different steering wheel, and specifically had my 2 (vs 4) button cluster in an X'd out picture. I need to figure out what my steering wheel is called vs whatever other one there is.

Thanks
Roger