Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

14 e550 new to brand, trunk and reverse light problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E550
14 e550 new to brand, trunk and reverse light problem

Hello all, wanted to introduce my self and car without asking for help but this problem popped up this weekend. This is my wife’s car, just bought about 2 months ago. So far it’s a great car except the Brembo pads the dealer put on the front. Anyway my wife went to back out of the garage Friday and got a message to check right reverse light then another to check left reverse light. I got home and sure enough they don’t work so I go to open trunk. It won’t open. No key fob, keyless go, trunk handle or the button in the driver door. I get the trunk open and check fuses. The info that comes with these cars is crap! I guess Mercedes owners are expected to not work on their cars! Anyway lots of searching has come up with nothing. I have found post for similar problems for the w211 cars but not the w212 cars. I assume the problems are related. There is a trunk control unit fuse,40 amps, and it’s fine. The only other fuse labeled I was thinking about was the keyless go but I don’t think the reverse lights would be affected. I pulled the liner on both sides of trunk and do not see any broken wires. Anyone have some advice? Nearest MB dealer is 3 hrs away, or go to Indy here in town but I’d rather fix myself. Thanks for any help and your time!