Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

RaceChip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GLC 43
RaceChip

is there anybody out there who has tried Racechip GTS on their AMG 43s? Thinking about buying buy but unsure:

- if it’s really reliable i.e. does not cause any ECU or mechanical failures
- does it really deliver what they claim ~60hp gain, ~1sec gain on 0-60mph
- would it void my OEM warranty
- is it as good as Renntech or Powermaster, other tuning products that are 2-5X more expensive

thanks!
Old 11-25-2018, 07:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43
Originally Posted by bkdk77
is there anybody out there who has tried Racechip GTS on their AMG 43s? Thinking about buying buy but unsure:

- if it’s really reliable i.e. does not cause any ECU or mechanical failures
- does it really deliver what they claim ~60hp gain, ~1sec gain on 0-60mph
- would it void my OEM warranty
- is it as good as Renntech or Powermaster, other tuning products that are 2-5X more expensive

thanks!
There are existing threads, e.g. https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...er-anyone.html

Yes they are reliable. It is a German tuner and all products are Made in Germany. They even offer a warranty on the engine - but only in Europe.

Not sure how you came up with 1 second improvement. RaceChip posted a video reducing the time from 4.5 to 3.9 seconds. That's faster than a stock C63 AMG...

Technically, anything you do to your car can void your warranty. But RaceChip is traceless, so you are good once you removed it.

Actually, they have the best hardware and the bigges R&D team. They have a very competitive pricing, because they are not as well-known as Renntech yet. They sell to 135 countries, so the volume compensates the margin.
I am happy with it.

Old 11-26-2018, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GLC 43
Thanks much MB-350 very helpful indeed!

Regarding 0-60 mph, I did not realize the video was for C43 AMG when I first saw it, so I took the GLC 43 standard 0-60 mph (4.8 sec) and tuned stats for C43 (3.9 sec) and came up with that 1 sec improvement, which is not realistic

Thanks,
Burak