Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

E320 Front End Rattle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Mercedes E320
E320 Front End Rattle

Hi all,
This is my first post and I hope someone can shed some light on my problem. I am totally at my wits end.
To start, I have a 2004 E320 RWD with 101,000 miles. About a year ago, I started noticing a rattle coming from what sounds like the front passenger side of car. The sound is very noticeable but could only be heard at very low speeds like driving through a parking lot, or side road.
I have been to 3 places to get this diagnosed including Mercedes dealer and did the repairs they reccomended but did not solve the problem. So far I have replaced the front wheel bearings, sway bar links and pass side control arm. Non solved the problem. Nobody can give me a definitive answer but just want to keep replacing good parts until we find the problem.
I want to mention that the car drives great. There is no indication if any problem. Steering is tight, no shimmy or anything. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks