Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me E500 Wagon in Southern AZ

Old 12-06-2018, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500 4matic wagon
New to me E500 Wagon in Southern AZ

I just recently picked up a nice 2004 E500 Wagon. Not anything special, but it seemed a fair price, and I'm excited for it.

I am a DIY kind of guy and the W211 seemed like the perfect mix of performance/looks/utility. Would I rather it be a E55 or E63 wagon, yes, but it still has more power than a Mercury Marauder at a lower price point.

I have been lurking about a year planning for a car due to a 2nd child, at first I wanted an E55 wagon, but the rarity is just not something I am willing to pay a premium for. I looked at E55 and E63 sedans, then CLS55 and CLS63, but the utility of a wagon and the look just kept pulling at my heart strings.

Finally VW gave me yet another check of free money for my long since sold back Golf TDI, so I decided that I could expand my search to the states surrounding AZ. I had been eyeing this car in particular since I started searching and finally the dealer had dropped the price into where I was comfortable. So I flew over to San Diego basically free thanks to air miles I have never used. Car seemef as nice as they said, so I pulled the proverbial trigger.

I am the type of person who learns as much as possible about a car/truck/motorcycle/etc. when I own one, so I am excited to pick your brains as I start my journey.

Car arrives via truck tomorrow. Can't wait. My 1976 F350 needs a bunch of minor rehab stuff that I have had to put off due to our 6 month old, so it will be nice to have a 2nd vehicle to let me do the more involved repairs a 42year old vehicles has...

Old 12-07-2018, 08:29 PM

E500 4matic wagon
Sitting in the parking lot at work.

Rainy day in Tucson
Old 12-07-2018, 10:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,815 Likes on 3,005 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Great looking Benz. What website did you use to find it?
Old 12-07-2018, 11:44 PM

E500 4matic wagon
Originally Posted by chassis
Great looking Benz. What website did you use to find it?
USAA car buying, basically Truecar's site