Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

New Member Check in.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 10:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
09 ML320Cdi
New Member Check in.

Hi Everyone ,
My name is Dereck and my ML is Helga . (320CDI)
She is a travel companion in a long line of Mercedes Benz's owned .
My son followed suite and currently owns a dark grey CLA 220Cdi that looks like a Batmobile with the dark trim and MB dark low profile rims , sheer beauty , with a few MB's predecessors below the belt , I think he is on the right track ito car of choice ,
I joined the forum because in 35 years I have for the 1st time encountered a vulnerability with the brand integrity.
I travel mostly in Southern Africa and am totally obsessed with bulletproof maintenance because I have to see maintenance as a safety feature , oh , and a grand dad somewhere in my past had long clever talks with me on car maintenance .
Apparently this beauty of this super reliable 4WD MB falls flat on its face if a Exhaust Pressure Sensor between the Turbo and the rest of the manifold pops !
Imagine you're in the middle of Kaokoland (Northern Namiba) or Central Kalahari and this happens .
This little sensor costing approx. 800ZAR can cripple 1of the best cars MB has ever built .
Do I carry an extra sensor in my cubby or do I buy a Toyota Pick Up.

It's been sorted with a replacement and she is back to being her old self again with the purrrr of a big cat.

My question to the 3 star community is , do I ever trust her again .

MB Greetings
Dereck
Old 12-15-2018, 02:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mustang
Hello Dereck. Welcome to the forum ^^
Old 12-15-2018, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes benz c180 1.8 180hp 96.000
Hi derek. Welcome.
Old 12-17-2018, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls55
findally decided to join

Hi every one, always been a Benz in the stable and been coming here for years as none member to read and take advice from you guys to fix my cars....
finally decided to join. Currently own a Ml55 and Cls55 which i am starting to modify (and looking for a SL55 to keep the wife happy) . Last few months i have been spending hours and hours reading about the modifications what to do and not do....WELL i want to join the 10 sec club and i am starting to collect parts. I do own 4cy cars that make more power than stock amg 55 cars but some thing about a big 4 door car doing 10s in comfort with the kids in the back seat lol. I do not make my living working on cars but I am ASE cert. master tec..so I do all the work and some fabrication work on my cars. My dream is to own a 9sec e55 wagon