Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

New to MB - question about tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBZ E450
New to MB - question about tires

Hello Everyone,

We recently bought a 2019 E450 and were surprised to learn at delivery that it had run flat tires. I guess I asked the wrong question in confirming that the tires are all-season! At any rate, hoping for some help and advice from the forum.

If I switch to regular (non-RF) tires, can the spare be a donut or would MB only support a full spare?

if donut works, would it fit in the compartment under the floor of the trunk?

if I stick with run flat tires I am considering getting a full sized spare for long trips - can an all-season tire be used as a spare with run flat snow tires or do you effectively need two spares - an all-season RF and a snow RF?

Finally, if I get snow tires, is it really better to have dedicated wheels or fine to switch between all-season and snows on MB OEM wheels?

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-18-2019, 07:54 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
The answer to most your questions is under the floor of the trunk, I have a 2019 C43 with runflats and the comparment under the trunk floor is only large enough for some small stuff, certainly not even a donut tire. Check yours and see what space you have, probably none. If no space the winter questions become irrelevant. I don't live where they're needed but it boils down to buying an extra set of wheels for the winter tires or getting the tires changed 2 times a year.