Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

New From North East

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 CVPI and 2017 Victory highball
New From North East

Morning Folks. New to Mercedes sort of. I have recently decided to buy am older AMG. I do not own INE as is now and I'm still in decided about which direction to go in. I have joined to get some help and in my past forums and advise from actual owners is the best help and in put. 3 choices are E55- AMG, CLS55-AMG and the S55-AMG all around the 2006 year.

I might be better off posting in a specific model chat but not sure which one to post in because I'm asking about all three. The headlights on the E55 AMG I just so attractive and just everything about the car screaming buy me. I like big cars so I'm thinking maybe the S-Class because it has a little bit more features but after looking and comparing their like legroom size unless I was messed up when I was reading it it actually looks like for the front legroom the E55 has more than the s55 not much but a little bit .

At any rate why would you purchase one over the other assuming they were all free with zero miles on them and all 2006. I like the CLS55 shape and really dig the back seat set up with the center console but the head lights in not so into.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,930 Likes on 3,095 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Welcome! Try posting in the model specific fora.

The models you listed I think are in the era of supercharged V8s. Read this site, about those engines. There are some opinions and experiences about reliability you should make yourself aware of.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 323 Likes on 248 Posts
2012 E550 v8-Biturbo
Welcome, and good luck on your search.

Have you sat in / test drove any of these? While checking the specs is good, there's nothing like actually "being there." If you can find a dealer that has 2 on your wish list, you can easily do a comparison.