Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 03:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004, E 320 4 Matic Wagon

Good afternoon everyone,

I am a new member, The Yankee from Boston. I am searching for warranty companies that will provide coverage for used MB cars. Specifically, the following:

1. 2007 SL 600, 37 K miles

2. 2006 S55 AMG, 65 K miles

3. 2005 SL 600, 70 K miles

I want to purchase one of these cars but I must find a warranty company. I am not mechanically inclined.
Please, be so kind and respond with the names of warranty companies that will cover used MB cars.

Thank you!

The following users liked this post:
drjohn08318 (07-03-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 05:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 CLS 55 AMG
So, I dont know what they charge or if they are any good, but I have been seeing ads for carshield.

I know they also do home shield and I have a couple friends that love them for home stuff.

They offer free quotes on their web page.

Let us know what they charge.
Old 07-03-2020, 06:04 PM

Warranty Companies

Thank you very much!
i will post the quote from that warranty company when I receive it. In addition, when I finish my research, I will post all the warranty companies.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:43 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
2016 CLS 400 4Matic
CarShield cost...

Originally Posted by Yankee
Good afternoon everyone,

I am a new member, The Yankee from Boston. I am searching for warranty companies that will provide coverage for used MB cars. Specifically, the following:

1. 2007 SL 600, 37 K miles

2. 2006 S55 AMG, 65 K miles

3. 2005 SL 600, 70 K miles

I want to purchase one of these cars but I must find a warranty company. I am not mechanically inclined.
Please, be so kind and respond with the names of warranty companies that will cover used MB cars.

Thank you!
i recently purchased a Diamond warranty from CarShield. Took a long time for me to pull the trigger, and I really did my homework. Having bought a CPO 2016 CLS with 38K miles on it a few months ago, and two years remaining on my warranty, there was no rush. The Diamond package is the highest level offered by CS—it’s designed for cars with < 50K miles (considered “new”). The cost is $109/month. Truth is I really don’t need the extra coverage right now; however, in two years I will not be eligible for this package as the mileage will have exceeded 50K. But I opted to buy in now so it’ll be there down the road. Never want to drive a MB without warranty coverage. And I don’t think $109/month is a lot for the peace of mind that comes from knowing you have a new car warranty for the duration.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:52 PM

Feedback on Warranty Question

Good evening,
Thank you so very much. I will call this company.
I have an opportunity to buy a MB but I can’t move forward and “pull the trigger”, as you say, because both cars are being sold with no warranty. I have done my due diligence and from everything I have been reading in this forum, MB car owners are very happy with their cars but the maintenance and repair costs are very high. Once again, thank you for your feedback.
The following users liked this post:
drjohn08318 (07-03-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 09:58 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
2016 CLS 400 4Matic
Originally Posted by Yankee
Good evening,
Thank you so very much. I will call this company.
I have an opportunity to buy a MB but I can’t move forward and “pull the trigger”, as you say, because both cars are being sold with no warranty. I have done my due diligence and from everything I have been reading in this forum, MB car owners are very happy with their cars but the maintenance and repair costs are very high. Once again, thank you for your feedback.
You are more than welcome. Yes, we MB owners sure do love our vehicles, but of course dread costly repairs. But the peace of mind that comes with carrying an extended warranty cannot be overstated. CarShield is one of the most reputable companies in the warranty world. I certainly did not simply jump into it without much careful consideration.
Tell them I recommended them when you call ...you just might get an extra break on the cost. Good luck, and do let us know how it turns out!

Last edited by drjohn08318; 07-03-2020 at 10:00 PM.