Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Drive train lubricants and more

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 09:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 Chevy 2500HD
Lightbulb Drive train lubricants and more

Hello All, I like people that search out answers for their vehicles because that shows a level of care many persons driving cars just don't have. I am not sure if this is the spot I was suppose to introduce myself on? I clicked the icon for "New Member" intro but didn't see a "Header" after that. As you can probably guess by this so far I am not one use to using or being on forums and how they work so please excuse me if I am not following proper forum etiquette. I have been repairing vehicles since the 1980's and have held the titles of ASE Master Tech and Pontiac Master Tech. I have always enjoyed cars and have taken care of vehicles for customers during most of these years. NO ONE KNOWS ALL BECAUSE IT IS ALWAYS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE EVEN FOR EXPERTS. What prompted me to join this forum was specifically the requests for answers to differential fluid recommendations. Besides trying your best to follow what a manufacturer recommendation is you should always consider Professional Third Party Tests that compare different brands of fluids. Any one company can say they are the best or perform the best because they are... The reality is there are a lot of good or great fluids out there however even a big name brand has been Third Party Tested and FAILED certain aspects of it's so called protection/function. I want to be clear that I am not on here to sell anyone a product even though the passing of my Dad has given me the opportunity to be an Independent Dealer for a very highly proven and leader lubrication company. I encourage you to seek out Documented Third Party tests showing how the lubricant you are using or may be buying to use is stacking up against other names in the market. There is a very well known and trusted differential gear oil that has been mentioned and used in your forum that in one of the Third Party Tests fails the cold flow test which will leave your loved vehicle not protected like it should be! I am not on forums or social media much so until another time I hope you All stay safe and make it a great rest of August!
The following users liked this post:
chassis (08-16-2020)
Old 08-16-2020, 10:40 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,930 Likes on 3,095 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Welcome! Please post a photo of the M-B. If you are a vendor, there are options to advertise, search the forums for this.
Old 08-16-2020, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Welcome please post picture of your ride
Old 08-26-2020, 10:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 Chevy 2500HD
Vendor / Post pic

Originally Posted by chassis
Welcome! Please post a photo of the M-B. If you are a vendor, there are options to advertise, search the forums for this.
Hello, Even though I could be a vendor, that is not my intent here. I joined because we do occasionally service MB and I too was looking for some additional info even though we have access to service manuals through more than one source. I just saw someone who sounded like they could use some direction in getting a resolve to a question. This is why I offered general info and not one specific product. As far as being asked to post a pic I would be happy to do so but I do not know how. Also the pic would most likely be of our Saleen Mustang or my 2500HD Chevy Truck. We do look at MB cars [usually SL500 or 600's] but just haven't purchased yet.