Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

2011 GLK 350 won’t start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2020, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Glk350
2011 GLK 350 won’t start

I have a 2011 GLK 350. The problem I am having is it won’t start. I put the key in the ignition and the dash displays the “take your key” message, turn the key and nothing. This happened once before to me and I tried to jump the car off but didn’t help. Called a tow guy and he came and jumped the car off and drove it on his truck. Wasn’t there when he jumped it off so I don’t know if he did something differently but I’m not a newbie to jumping cars off. Haven’t jumped many Mercedes off but lots of chevys and such. But I would assume positive to positive and negative to negative still applies to these cars. The shop that I towed it to said they thought the battery was low so replaced it. Now it’s happening again, anyone seen something like this?
Old 09-05-2020, 08:13 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
GLB, GLA
Maybe the key fob's battery is low?

Originally Posted by Jstew90
I have a 2011 GLK 350. The problem I am having is it won’t start. I put the key in the ignition and the dash displays the “take your key” message, turn the key and nothing. This happened once before to me and I tried to jump the car off but didn’t help. Called a tow guy and he came and jumped the car off and drove it on his truck. Wasn’t there when he jumped it off so I don’t know if he did something differently but I’m not a newbie to jumping cars off. Haven’t jumped many Mercedes off but lots of chevys and such. But I would assume positive to positive and negative to negative still applies to these cars. The shop that I towed it to said they thought the battery was low so replaced it. Now it’s happening again, anyone seen something like this?
Old 09-05-2020, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Glk350
Tried the different key fob same thing. But I scrolled through a forum on here and a guy said hit the top of the steering wheel and it will start, sure enough that worked. Sounds like a redneck fix to me lol. Just from what I was reading the ESL is messing up.