Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

New member with a amg c63 coupe. Need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 05:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amg c 63 coupe 2014
New member with a amg c63 coupe. Need help

So im new to the world of mb , aquiring my first last year and falling in love with the quality and dependability of these german vehicles. I have lots of questions and need some advice. My baby .. my amg c63 coupe of course, was wrecked last week by an elderly woman who had a heart attack at the wheel and crashed into my pride and joy... i dont want to total it out as there hard to find and i dont want another one. I want this one. Has anyone attempted a front end crash repair ? I know its risky but i love this car and im willing too put time into it to fix. This is so hard to look at it like this . Its literally heart wrenching to know i cant get in and drive it. Because of this car i am alive right now and i just cant see junking a car that saved my life without exploring my options first.

My amg before crash .

At accident scene

Old 10-04-2020, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 326 Likes on 250 Posts
2012 E550 v8-Biturbo
Wow, sorry to see this. I assume that you are OK?

I hope you're able to keep and restore your pride and joy.
The following users liked this post:
Amg81# (10-05-2020)
Old 10-05-2020, 07:48 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 466 Likes on 349 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to MBWorld and I wish it was on much better circumstances. Good luck with your repairs!

Bob
Amg81# (10-05-2020)
Old 10-05-2020, 08:12 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,003 Likes on 3,145 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Welcome! Nice looking C63, sorry to hear about the collision.

What region of the world are you located. The mobile version of this site doesn’t show this easily.

The vehicle is yours, assuming you hold a clean title. If you file an insurance claim and take money from the insurance company, you must follow their terms for such a transaction. To my knowledge you are not required to file a claim if you don’t want to, however your insurance company likely has a time limit, in case you change your mind.

Call your insurance company.

Looking at the photos, a repair, no matter how well executed, will result in a car that is not the same as it was. It will never be the same, unfortunately. All of the bent metal parts that are welded to make the body structure (body in white) cannot be put back perfectly as they were when they left the factory.

The pushed-in section on the left will have affected the shotgun (fender support), main longitudinal rail, dash panel (firewall) and likely rocker panel, A-pillar, roof rail, door apertures and windshield surround. The preceding list is a middle-likelihood situation with only the photos and description you provided. It could be worse. Or it could be better.

Last edited by chassis; 10-05-2020 at 08:16 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by chassis:
Amg81# (10-05-2020), MBpippo (10-07-2020)
Old 10-05-2020, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amg c 63 coupe 2014
Thank you , i am glad i found this site. either way if i cannot fix this one i will find another Hopefully. my heart belongs to the amg line of amazing c63's. It is going to a place today that works only on high end and exotics to see the extent of the damage, supposedly they work with insurance . I am hoping it can be saved. I really want to attempt myself to fix it , that is why i wanted to ask on here , i would have never realized that the area around windshield could possibly jacked up or that a pillar could be messed up or so on soforth.. When you love your car you dont think straight and just assume you might be able to fix it ha.
chassis (10-05-2020)