Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

New Member AMG GT Phoenix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 07:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 878 Likes on 452 Posts
Bentley Continental GT; AMG GT
New Member AMG GT Phoenix

New guy in hot pursuit of an AMG GT. I became a member yesterday and first post was a help me one on the GT forum. Guys there were great and responsive. I will be possibly purchasing one this week.

I'm a tech type car guy and "garage queen" master. Retired Mechanical Engineer and spending my sunset days baking in the pizza oven better known as Phoenix (or, this year with record heat, we're now calling it Hades, AZ). So, if/when I secure a GT I will be privileged to spend time here and learn from the member experts.

Thanks - Steve
Old 10-19-2020, 07:15 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 463 Likes on 348 Posts
Hi Steve and welcome!

Great intro and thank you for joining your new MB community!

Good luck finding you next car and please post a photo when you have it in your driveway!

Stay cool!

Bob
Old 10-19-2020, 08:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,955 Likes on 3,110 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Welcome! Please post a photo of the GT when it arrives.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 878 Likes on 452 Posts
Bentley Continental GT; AMG GT
Thanks guys - I will definitely post a pic. The one I am shopping is a yellow solarbeam and it is the color that has me in doubt. I like the color, but wonder about how it will resell someday. That was my question to the GT forum, which is a dumb one BC color is such a personal choice. On other forums, I always laughed at those with posts that started with - "Help me choose....." and here I am doing the same thing!
The following users liked this post:
chassis (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 12:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,955 Likes on 3,110 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Acta_Non_Verba
Thanks guys - I will definitely post a pic. The one I am shopping is a yellow solarbeam and it is the color that has me in doubt. I like the color, but wonder about how it will resell someday. That was my question to the GT forum, which is a dumb one BC color is such a personal choice. On other forums, I always laughed at those with posts that started with - "Help me choose....." and here I am doing the same thing!
Yellow elicits strong comments across the spectrum when a yellow sports car comes up for sale, for example Lambo, Ferrari or Porsche. In my experience most of the comments seem to be variations of, “ewwwwwwww.”

I don’t do yellow. If it is priced attractively, color could be a/the reason.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Welcome when you get your ride please post picture of it