Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Coolant Hose/Pipe Repair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R350
Coolant Hose/Pipe Repair

Trying to get instructions on changing the Coolant Hose/Pipe Repair on a 2007 R350.

The Coolant Hose Pipe Combination part that I am trying to replace is located on the passenger side. The part (which is one whole piece) has three rubber hoses that meet at a "T" and coming from one of the rubber hoses is a metal pipe. One of the other hoses goes to the bottom of the reservoir. I cannot find where the metal part of the part ends in the car frame so I can remove the clamp and extract it.

When I follow the pipe, I can see it extend behind the strut but it goes into the car frame. Do I need to remove the glove compartment to get to it? I removed the heater blower on the passenger side but I don't see it there either.

Attached is a pic of the defective piece and the new part.

Assistance is appreciated.

Defective part (still on car)

Defective part (still on car)

New Part

New Part

Old 04-02-2021, 10:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,930 Likes on 3,095 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Welcome! Please post a photo of the R-Class. Try posting the question in the R-Class section where owners can make suggestions.
Old 04-03-2021, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Welcome
Old 04-03-2021, 03:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
2005 C55 AMG
I tried looking for a repair procedure on Identifix but nothing was found. They do not run rubber lines in the interior of the car so they don't explode and send boiling coolant everywhere. remove the RF fender well you may have a stationary heater in there. I suspect that's, where that line goes to the rubber hose that connects to the heater. But if not honestly, I would try to remove the clamp on the aluminum line and see if you can remove the hose. Might have some glue on the hose but don't worry it will seal with just the clamp they do that so it doesn't get clocked wrong. Just take a rounded end hook or this http://corporate.cornwelltools.com/w...over-Set.html# which I love to use. you want to use something like this as to not rip the hose and not damage the aluminum line. don't use pliers to grab the hose and twist you will deform the line. best of luck.