Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

New to MBWorld, just bought a salvage heavily modified E55 :D

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes-benz E55 AMG
Exclamation New to MBWorld, just bought a salvage heavily modified E55 :D

Hello everyone!

A little about myself: I live in BC, Canada. I'm passionate about cars and always have been ever since I was a kid. I'm an apprentice tech. focusing on European vehicles(Out of which I love Mercedes and BMW the most. Ying&Yang ;D) and love learning new things. These cars are amazing.. when they're running that is.

SO... I've jumped into the belly of a beast and I need some help getting out the right end LOL ;p

I just bought 2003 E55 AMG with 157xxxKM that was in an accident, the accident was not bad. As of right now it does not run. The only mechanical damage to the vehicle was the radiator. It was replaced and then the vehicle was running and driven for about a week.

It was driven by the gentleman that rebuilt it, he mentioned before it stopped running, at WOT it would cut out and lose power and run really rough at idle. It got codes for MAP sensor and that was replaced - codes still there. I believe when the MAP sensor was being replaced the throttle cables got swapped. It also has codes for throttle potentiometer now and the vehicle will not stay running, It burns through fuel on cold start and it smoking thick black out the back. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE lol. There are 2 fuses for the throttle bodies and 1 of them is off center(dont know why but it is functioning). The front SAM has wires stealing power from a fuse(will confirm number and purpose) and it goes somewhere in behind it and I think to the dash, will take it all apart and post pics. There is also some sort of turn dial that is installed on the left hand side of the steering wheel, which is where I believe that wire goes to. I made a video of the dial because it makes an audible tone when switching it(
). The SAM has corrosion building around the fuses so I'm going to take it out and clean it up. Will also take pics of it then.

The vehicle has quite a few mods on it, I'm still going through the vehicle and figuring it all out. Here is what I know it has now: 74MM fixed pulley w/ belt wrap, 82MM throttle body, modified exhaust w/ long tube headers and 550cc fuel injectors. I got the files read off the car and according to a tuner it has a **** tune. I don't know what to do there. I feel like the right course of action here is to get the vehicle in running order, figure out exactly what is what when it comes to mods, put it on a dyno and re-tune it.

HELP PLEASEEEEEE!!!!!!
THANK YOU FOR READING!!!!!!

Last edited by STRE55ED; 04-02-2021 at 01:13 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-02-2021, 02:52 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Hi and welcome to MBworld!

The best place for seeking help is the W211 forum where I see you have opened a discussion. Good luck!

Bob
Old 04-02-2021, 03:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes-benz E55 AMG
Hello bob,

Thanks for the advise and luck, realized my mistake as soon as I posted
I posted it in the w211 forum, no response yet

Cheers,
Awais
Old 04-02-2021, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 708 Likes on 680 Posts
2013 C204 C250 Coupe
Hi Awais and welcome to MBWorld. All the best with with your E55
Old 04-05-2021, 09:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,928 Likes on 3,094 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Welcome! Please post a photo of the MB. Good luck on the project.