Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

2008 E350W blower motor stopped working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E350W
Question 2008 E350W blower motor stopped working

For about a month now the blower motor would intermittently stop working. It started making a noise like a bad bearing when it would start but the noise would go away once it got spinning. I'm suspecting the bearing in the blower motor was going out. Now it has stopped totally. Does anyone have any R&R instructions that I could use to replace this myself?

If any of you have done this before can you share any tips or things to watch out for when doing this?

I used to be a ASE master auto tech about 30yrs ago and still do maintenance and some repairs to all of my vehicles, even though I do not do it for a living anymore. I'm an IT Director now thank God, and I feel for all the mechanics out there. It's a tough profession to be in especially when the engineers usually do not take into consideration what a mechanic needs to do when repairing a vehicle.
Any information would be greatly appreciated. It is really hot and humid here in Kansas (high 90's) and will be for many days in a row. This is my wife's car and she is an RN so I'm letting her use my car right now cause the AC blower works and her job is a very tough one especially with the virus cases still coming in.
She misses her Merc and I would like to get her back in it ASAP. :-(
Old 07-24-2021, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
welcome good luck working on the blower motor
Old 07-24-2021, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
It's very simple you'll need only a T20 or T25 driver and everything drops out from the bottom of the dash. You should change both the blower motor and regulator. They are 2 separate parts assembled as one unit. You have a 211 chassis you can search the forum here or online for how-to instructions.