MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W222) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222-178/)
-   -   Any additional minor issues with your first model year car? (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222/542131-any-additional-minor-issues-your-first-model-year-car.html)

Chucky300 05-14-2014 09:58 AM

Any additional minor issues with your first model year car?

My tires are all good now - no bubbles a month in. No flats. Comfortable ride. Very happy.

My seat still clicks when I turn. They did not fix it at the dealer the last time. I'll bring it in when I have Service A.

Second issue - the LED lighting under the second screen (right command screen) - flickers along the entire length of the screen (9"?) On off on off. Happens when I am at a red light - or driving - made more obvious on unsettled roads.

I assume there is a fix to this - or replacing those LEDs.

Anyone else with these issues?

Otherwise - 6 months in - a great car.

DaveVY 05-14-2014 11:26 AM

After the initial single problem, everything has been great (or I have forgotten). Love the car!

Diesel Benz 05-14-2014 02:01 PM

There is a bulletin about the "ambiance illumination", European document GI82.20-P-058165.

The ambiance illumination in the doors/ rear shelf/ cockpit/ display frame is faulty or does not light.
The problem usually occurs only in one component, e.g. in the doors, while all the other components light up normally.
It is usually the color blue which has failed.

Chucky300 05-14-2014 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel Benz (Post 6041905)
There is a bulletin about the "ambiance illumination", European document GI82.20-P-058165.

The ambiance illumination in the doors/ rear shelf/ cockpit/ display frame is faulty or does not light.
The problem usually occurs only in one component, e.g. in the doors, while all the other components light up normally.

Go figure - it was the blue! I will put it to red and see if it works.

konigstiger 05-14-2014 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel Benz (Post 6041905)

LI82.20-P-058368 FEB14
https://mbworld.org/forums/5937342-post6.html

AppleFan1 05-14-2014 09:27 PM

I have to say here that I'm not certain the dynamic multi contour system works as it is suppose to in my car. Recently, I'm not sure I feel the side bolsters puffing out like they did when I first had the car for a few weeks. It's hard for me to believe that there is a malfunction this soon. Is it possible that if one changes some other seat settings (like lumbar, shoulder support, etc.) that one will not feel the side bolster as much? I did make some adjustments on these other seat settings, so if that does affect the side bolsters when turning, then there's my answer. Any insight on this would be appreciated. Btw, my body frame is on the thin/normal size.

AJMB1 05-14-2014 10:53 PM

Check to make sure it's not turned off. If you switch to a different preset it may turn off.

AppleFan1 05-15-2014 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by AJMB1 (Post 6042460)
Check to make sure it's not turned off. If you switch to a different preset it may turn off.

Thanks. I know that it's not turned off. I had it set at the strongest setting (#2). Then, today, I tried #1 setting. I honestly could not feel any difference. I changed the shoulder (I think it's called "shoulder" setting anyway) setting from #10 to #5 this evening to see if that would affect the side bolsters when turning. I will check it out tomorrow when I drive the car again.

hyperion667 05-15-2014 07:00 AM

I think the side bolster's only work with the seats set in a certain position.......
my wife's side works, but she has her seat set up a different way that I do.......mine
hugs me a lot, not leaving much room for the side bolstering to do it's work?
just a theory, but I have noticed the side bolster thing too......they work fine in my AMG

AppleFan1 05-15-2014 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by hyperion667 (Post 6042694)
I think the side bolster's only work with the seats set in a certain position.......
my wife's side works, but she has her seat set up a different way that I do.......mine
hugs me a lot, not leaving much room for the side bolstering to do it's work?
just a theory, but I have noticed the side bolster thing too......they work fine in my AMG

Thanks Hyperion! I think you hit the nail on the head. When my wife was sitting on the passenger seat the other day, she said she could feel the bolsters working, but I could not feel any difference. However, as you stated, they seem to hug me a lot.

I will report back on this after I drive the car today with different seat positions.

AppleFan1 05-15-2014 03:20 PM

Yes indeed! It definitely has to do with other seat settings. The setting the seems to affect the side bolsters the most is the backrest setting. It seems like the higher the setting the less effect on the side bolsters. I had put that setting on #10 and I could not feel any effect on turns. However, it was hugging a lot. When I lowered the backrest setting to #1, I could definitely feel the side bolsters on turns. It seems like I learn something new about this car every week.

lsdreem 05-18-2014 05:38 PM

Passenger side window switch does not work, Driver seat ventilation not working either. Waiting for Service A to fix these.

gotwire 05-19-2014 11:46 PM

Front seat belt buckles rubs against center console side. I noticed both my G wagons have felt on the belt buckle to prevent rubbing.

Asked dealer about putting felt on the buckle.

gotwire 05-19-2014 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by gotwire (Post 6047430)
Front seat belt buckles rubs against center console side. I noticed both my G wagons have felt on the belt buckle to prevent rubbing. Asked dealer about putting felt on the buckle.

This makes a clicking noise while driving. Perhaps part of OP's seat clicking while turning?

Chucky300 05-20-2014 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by gotwire (Post 6047432)
This makes a clicking noise while driving. Perhaps part of OP's seat clicking while turning?

Just saw the PM.

I have not had a solution but I'll figure it out on Service A.

I could swear it's the seat but now I will check if it's the buckle.

It clicks over bumps, turns, and when i move around.

Jason B 05-20-2014 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Chucky300 (Post 6041581)

My seat still clicks when I turn. They did not fix it at the dealer the last time. I'll bring it in when I have Service A.

You can fix this with some felt tape, IE "moleskin"

Chucky300 05-20-2014 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jason B (Post 6047952)
You can fix this with some felt tape, IE "moleskin"

It's definitely the seat. I put a buffer in between the seatbelt buckle and the center console. The seat is definitely what is clicking - Gotta get that fixed.

gotwire 05-20-2014 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Chucky300 (Post 6048002)
It's definitely the seat. I put a buffer in between the seatbelt buckle and the center console. The seat is definitely what is clicking - Gotta get that fixed.

Just got S63 back today. Felt on belt buckles fixed my noises. Good luck with that seat! I'd get them to felt the buckles either way.

SaffsDad 05-20-2014 08:18 PM

I had a similar clicking issue in another S-Class and took forever for them to isolate and fix. It ended up being the seat rails and they had to be replaced. Pursue this aggressively with the Dealer's Service Dept.

MTrauman 05-20-2014 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Saffron (Post 6048422)
I had a similar clicking issue in another S-Class and took forever for them to isolate and fix. It ended up being the seat rails and they had to be replaced. Pursue this aggressively with the Dealer's Service Dept.

I must say most of my MBs have had this problem. The one's I can recall that had a clicking seat rail were my '87 300E, '98 e320 4matic, '01 S500, '06 S500 4matic, and my '08 S550 4matic.

Thank goodness my '14 S550 4matic has not developed this because if this happens you have to pursue the dealer's service department aggressively since they are tired of dealing with these seat rail issues--atleast they are tired of dealing with me on seat rails clicking.

On a positive note my '00 ML320 seat rails did not click but then again the motor started to fail at 27,000 miles. I guess I would rather have seat rail annoyances versus a failed motor LOL.

gotwire 06-13-2014 12:19 AM

Seems like I have developed a rattle/crackling/vibration noise from driver's B pillar/ seat belt attachment area. Any thoughts on isolating the noise? Thanks!

FLSL55 12-05-2014 12:41 AM

Super easy to fix the rattles with Tint Protector felt. Just get a 5 foot roll. The stuff forms around anything and is just like OEM.

Jason B 12-05-2014 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by FLSL55 (Post 6253189)
Super easy to fix the rattles with Tint Protector felt. Just get a 5 foot roll. The stuff forms around anything and is just like OEM.

How about a link?

konigstiger 12-05-2014 12:05 PM

http://www.tintprotector.com/whatis/