S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

2015 Black Beauty is back and better than ever!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 05:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Mercedes S550
Some more quick updates to add to the review...
1) Transmission is smoother in shifting than my 14. Even though the 7 speed has been out a long time, some tweekings must have been done with the new gen fittings.
2) Throttle response is improved. However gas mileage is less city wise. However, no car is the same in this category, so it could just be my car and not "general."
3) Suspension lift is instant, quick, and can be felt dramatically. No longer have to wait half a minute for full lift....up in 2 seconds. Wow, must be MBC doing that.
4) Brakes are smoother and more responsive to touch. A slight touch gets you stopping quick.

Last edited by Kratos-TM; 11-06-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:47 PM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 S63, 2013 E350 Bluetec
Kratos, you are wise to say it may just be your car. Many moons ago I owned a transportation company and we had a ton of Town Cars. They were all identical. But one particular car got about 5 mpg more than all the others. Didn't matter which driver was assigned to it. I asked a Ford engineer about it once and his reply was that all parts that make up the engine have certain tolerances which all seemed to have come together for this particular car.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S 550
Originally Posted by Kratos-TM
Some more quick updates to add to the review...
1) Transmission is smoother in shifting than my 14. Even though the 7 speed has been out a long time, some tweekings must have been done with the new gen fittings.
2) Throttle response is improved. However gas mileage is less city wise. However, no car is the same in this category, so it could just be my car and not "general."
3) Suspension lift is instant, quick, and can be felt dramatically. No longer have to wait half a minute for full lift....up in 2 seconds. Wow, must be MBC doing that.
4) Brakes are smoother and more responsive to touch. A slight touch gets you stopping quick.
Great feedback on differences you see.

The #3 difference you mention that must be due to your now having MBC as the high pressure is correct. Before purchasing our car we test drove a few and noticed this difference. The MBC system that allows for the car to quickly adjust for road changes also allows for quick suspension lift.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by ChuckinTucson
Kratos, you are wise to say it may just be your car. Many moons ago I owned a transportation company and we had a ton of Town Cars. They were all identical. But one particular car got about 5 mpg more than all the others. Didn't matter which driver was assigned to it. I asked a Ford engineer about it once and his reply was that all parts that make up the engine have certain tolerances which all seemed to have come together for this particular car.
engine is only half of it.

you have transmissions, u joints, rear end gears, wheel bearings, caliper drag, etc etc.