Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > New S-Class (W222)
what percentage discount can I reasonably expect? ...and other shopping questions >

what percentage discount can I reasonably expect? ...and other shopping questions

Notices
New S-Class (W222) 2014-Present

what percentage discount can I reasonably expect? ...and other shopping questions

 
Old 12-02-2014, 05:36 PM
  #1  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
syswei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: FL & CT
Posts: 1,232
Liked 76 Times in 66 Posts
2015 S550 Palladium/Deep Sea Blue, 2016 Tesla Model S 70D, 2015 Volvo XC70
what percentage discount can I reasonably expect? ...and other shopping questions

I have a 2008 W221 that I'd like to replace with a W222 sedan (within the next 4 months or so, before the extended warranty is over). I plan to shop hard, contacting lots of dealers (there are 25 of them within 75 miles of me). I'd appreciate opinions on the following:

1. What discount can I reasonably expect if I buy a car that is in stock, or on the way?

2. Might I be able to drive a better bargain this Dec., or in March?

3. What discount can I reasonably expect if I place a special order on a car this month?

Thanks in advance for any help.
syswei is offline  
Old 12-02-2014, 05:41 PM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
LovinMercedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 2,470
Likes: 0
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
2017 Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by syswei View Post
I have a 2008 W221 that I'd like to replace with a W222 sedan (within the next 4 months or so, before the extended warranty is over). I plan to shop hard, contacting lots of dealers (there are 25 of them within 75 miles of me). I'd appreciate opinions on the following:

1. What discount can I reasonably expect if I buy a car that is in stock, or on the way?

2. Might I be able to drive a better bargain this Dec., or in March?

3. What discount can I reasonably expect if I place a special order on a car this month?

Thanks in advance for any help.
December is always the best month to buy a car. Everyone is trying to make their annual numbers and MB provides corporate incentives.
LovinMercedes is offline  
Old 12-02-2014, 05:58 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
MTrauman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,094
Liked 181 Times in 124 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by LovinMercedes View Post
December is always the best month to buy a car. Everyone is trying to make their annual numbers and MB provides corporate incentives.

December is the best month. This year again MB is competing against BMW for the luxury sales "king of the hill". December 2014 will be a good month to buy an MB. See below from an auto publication about November 2014 MB sales in the US.


"It is still too early to break out the champagne but it looks as if Mercedes-Benz will capture the luxury sales crown for 2014, beating out runner up BMW, the likely runner up, for the second year in row.
Mercedes-Benz recorded a modest 1.6% sales increase in November, beating out archrival BMW, which saw sales drop nearly 1%. The November numbers left Mercedes-Benz with a commanding lead of more than 20,000 units going into the final month of the year."
MTrauman is offline  
Old 12-02-2014, 10:13 PM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Streamliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 2,742
Liked 371 Times in 280 Posts
2016 E350 Sedan, 2018 S560 Sedan, On order: 2019 SL450
Originally Posted by syswei View Post
I have a 2008 W221 that I'd like to replace with a W222 sedan (within the next 4 months or so, before the extended warranty is over). I plan to shop hard, contacting lots of dealers (there are 25 of them within 75 miles of me). I'd appreciate opinions on the following:

1. What discount can I reasonably expect if I buy a car that is in stock, or on the way?

2. Might I be able to drive a better bargain this Dec., or in March?

3. What discount can I reasonably expect if I place a special order on a car this month?

Thanks in advance for any help.
If you were ever in the military--even as a reservist, you can join USAA for free. They are offering a $4,500.00 "coupon" towards the purchase or lease of a new S Class in December. That amount should be in ADDITION to any other discounts you can negotiate. Good luck!
Streamliner is online now  
Old 12-03-2014, 06:22 PM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
syswei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: FL & CT
Posts: 1,232
Liked 76 Times in 66 Posts
2015 S550 Palladium/Deep Sea Blue, 2016 Tesla Model S 70D, 2015 Volvo XC70
Thanks for the replies.
syswei is offline  
Old 12-03-2014, 06:22 PM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
syswei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: FL & CT
Posts: 1,232
Liked 76 Times in 66 Posts
2015 S550 Palladium/Deep Sea Blue, 2016 Tesla Model S 70D, 2015 Volvo XC70
Originally Posted by Streamliner View Post
If you were ever in the military--even as a reservist, you can join USAA for free. They are offering a $4,500.00 "coupon" towards the purchase or lease of a new S Class in December. That amount should be in ADDITION to any other discounts you can negotiate. Good luck!
Unfortunately, no.
syswei is offline  
Old 12-03-2014, 06:36 PM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Germancar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 4,358
Liked 61 Times in 48 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by MTrauman View Post
December is the best month. This year again MB is competing against BMW for the luxury sales "king of the hill". December 2014 will be a good month to buy an MB. See below from an auto publication about November 2014 MB sales in the US.


"It is still too early to break out the champagne but it looks as if Mercedes-Benz will capture the luxury sales crown for 2014, beating out runner up BMW, the likely runner up, for the second year in row.
Mercedes-Benz recorded a modest 1.6% sales increase in November, beating out archrival BMW, which saw sales drop nearly 1%. The November numbers left Mercedes-Benz with a commanding lead of more than 20,000 units going into the final month of the year."

This information about sales is wrong actually. MB is behind BMW by a few thousand units so far this year:

MB - 296,382
BMW - 298,212

Whatever source quoted is counting Sprinter sales in with MB's total.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300003561.html

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300003576.html


It is going to be another footrace to the end, a photo finish.

M
Germancar1 is online now  
Old 12-03-2014, 11:32 PM
  #8  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 764
Likes: 0
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
S, GL
Originally Posted by syswei View Post
I have a 2008 W221 that I'd like to replace with a W222 sedan (within the next 4 months or so, before the extended warranty is over). I plan to shop hard, contacting lots of dealers (there are 25 of them within 75 miles of me). I'd appreciate opinions on the following:

1. What discount can I reasonably expect if I buy a car that is in stock, or on the way?

2. Might I be able to drive a better bargain this Dec., or in March?

3. What discount can I reasonably expect if I place a special order on a car this month?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Lots of variables but if you land 8-12% off, that's really good. If you're in CA, I know at least one shop letting them go for 11-12% off lot inventory. PM me.
jenz is offline  
Old 12-04-2014, 05:53 AM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
syswei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: FL & CT
Posts: 1,232
Liked 76 Times in 66 Posts
2015 S550 Palladium/Deep Sea Blue, 2016 Tesla Model S 70D, 2015 Volvo XC70
Originally Posted by jenz View Post
If you're in CA, I know at least one shop letting them go for 11-12% off lot inventory. PM me.
Thanks for the offer but unfortunately I'm near NYC.
syswei is offline  
Old 12-04-2014, 05:55 AM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
syswei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: FL & CT
Posts: 1,232
Liked 76 Times in 66 Posts
2015 S550 Palladium/Deep Sea Blue, 2016 Tesla Model S 70D, 2015 Volvo XC70
I plan to email a bunch of dealerships in search of the right car at the right price...should I email the sales manager, or a random salesperson?
syswei is offline  
Old 12-04-2014, 05:56 AM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
syswei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: FL & CT
Posts: 1,232
Liked 76 Times in 66 Posts
2015 S550 Palladium/Deep Sea Blue, 2016 Tesla Model S 70D, 2015 Volvo XC70
Originally Posted by LovinMercedes View Post
December is always the best month to buy a car. Everyone is trying to make their annual numbers and MB provides corporate incentives.
Anyone know if MB is offering cash to dealers for Dec sales?
syswei is offline  
Old 12-04-2014, 06:54 AM
  #12  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 764
Likes: 0
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
S, GL
Originally Posted by syswei View Post
Anyone know if MB is offering cash to dealers for Dec sales?
Check edmunds, they list incentives but there is a winter event going on right now
jenz is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: what percentage discount can I reasonably expect? ...and other shopping questions


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: