S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

iPhone 6S Bluetooth issues with '15 S550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'15 S550
iPhone 6S Bluetooth issues with '15 S550

All, I continue to have issues with my iPhone continuously disconnecting and reconnecting to the car. Many times 6-7 times over a 45 min commute. My local service team stated that MB was aware of the issue and working on a fix. Sounded a little bogus to me since I hadn't seen anyone else posting here about issues, so I thought I'd double check.

Thanks,
SG
Old 02-01-2016, 10:36 PM

2014 S63 AMG, 2012 BMW X5 5.0, 2002 ML320
Originally Posted by scottg61376
All, I continue to have issues with my iPhone continuously disconnecting and reconnecting to the car. Many times 6-7 times over a 45 min commute. My local service team stated that MB was aware of the issue and working on a fix. Sounded a little bogus to me since I hadn't seen anyone else posting here about issues, so I thought I'd double check.

Thanks,
SG
I have not had any Bluetooth connectivity nor am I aware of any recalls/updates for what you described, but perhaps others have.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:12 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
S, GL
What version of iOS, and when did the problem start

If you've always had it, your dealer is misleading you unless there's a specific set of VIN #s that have a BT issue, as I've had no issues in a year across many devices
Old 02-02-2016, 10:20 AM

'15 S550
Originally Posted by jenz
What version of iOS, and when did the problem start

If you've always had it, your dealer is misleading you unless there's a specific set of VIN #s that have a BT issue, as I've had no issues in a year across many devices
Have always had it since purchasing the iPhone 6S (which was around the same time as I took delivery of the car).

I really regret frankly leaving BMW for the MB world...has been nothing but problems
Old 02-02-2016, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Have always had it since purchasing the iPhone 6S (which was around the same time as I took delivery of the car).

I really regret frankly leaving BMW for the MB world...has been nothing but problems
Have had the same issues since iPhone 5s on multiple cars, including our BMW.
But it has been only a display issue, saying that it is connecting again but never actually impacted the phone service.

I am curious what problems you have with your MB; our BMW 750li was quite problematic.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 313 Likes on 214 Posts
‘19 AMG S63

I am very curious as to what other problems you have had with your S Class. Can you provide some color to the subject?

I have had a '14 S550 4matic purchased in December 2013 (which saved my life while smacking a tree at 60 mph--car was totaled but saved my life) and a '16 S550 4matic that replaced the '14. The only issue I have had has been a defective seat cover on the '14 that was replaced under warranty and some squeaky brakes on the '14 that was replaced under warranty. Otherwise after over 22,000 miles on the total of both vehicles I would take the S class any day over the 7 series.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
Since updating to the 6s plus I've experienced odd behavior...like late connectivity..after driving for 1-10 minutes the command advises phone connected...and a constant plaint...very poor stuttering connectivity...so irritating...like rapid cutting in/out when on a call..
I recently tried to go to beta ios 9.3 with no improvement..have not engaged dealer yet if a command update is available but I'll certainly do so when in for the next service..so annoying
Old 02-03-2016, 01:07 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
'23 EQS 580
No issues

I have had both 6 and 6s connected in my '15 S550 with no issues at all.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:11 PM

Any resolution to this problem? I just took delivery of a S Class Coupe and my iphone continues to drop and reconnect calls. But other than that, so far I am loving the car.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:58 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C300
I don't own a S Class, but I do have an iPhone 6S and I've been reading that there were some (I think earlier) variations of the 6S that had serious bluetooth issues in general. This could explain why some people have no issues and others seem to experience the same kinds of problems. Have you had the opportunity to pair the iPhone with a different vehicle to see if the problem goes away? It sounds like for those who have the problem it is really bad and would be easy to tell if it followed the phone or stayed in MB.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:53 PM

'15 S550
Originally Posted by Rcoxjd1
Any resolution to this problem? I just took delivery of a S Class Coupe and my iphone continues to drop and reconnect calls. But other than that, so far I am loving the car.
Nope, nothing...wish I was enjoying my S-class as much as you. Getting ready to put mine up on swapalease.com
Old 02-11-2016, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
Nope, nothing...wish I was enjoying my S-class as much as you. Getting ready to put mine up on swapalease.com

Besides the Bluetooth issues, why are you not enjoying your S Class?
Old 02-11-2016, 06:23 PM

'15 S550
Originally Posted by MTrauman
Besides the Bluetooth issues, why are you not enjoying your S Class?
  • Poor ergonomics and engineering...
  • Too many places you have to go to adjust your seats
  • Heads up display is too limited in what it displays
  • My '13 7-series displays speed limit, callers, phone list, music selection all in the heads up
  • The whole touch pad thing is a joke, it is limited in nature to what you can actually draw on it (i.e. phone numbers only), and if you wanted to use it to actually search letters (i.e. contacts, navigation addresses/POIs, etc. you can't) - simply stupid!
  • Can't stand the Mercedes OS and how you navigate from menu to menu and setting to setting, I-Drive is soo much better
  • The Auto e-brake is enough to make me lose my mind, having to disengage that every day, and where the release is isn't convenient (i.e. why not put it in the center console vs. under the dash).
  • Camera button is not in a logical place, you can't see it from the driver's position easily, it should be in the center console so that you can easily pull it up when parking (pulling forward)
  • I miss the SAT radio DVR function that BMWs have, when a call comes in, the radio auto-pauses so you don't miss anything
  • Only one cigarette lighter socket in the whole car, and it is completely blocked if you have a drink the front cupholder, ridiculous in a 2015 lux vehicle
  • Lane departure / active cruise control gets very flakey at times, bouncing me between the lines or even not maintain my lane around curves (at an appropriate speed)
  • Still no Apple Carkit (was supposed to be available)
  • No Siri-eyes Free
  • Pitiful WiFi hotspot; really why even bother if you are going with 3G in 2015
  • Positive there are more, but I get even more depressed about the purchase thinking about more...
Old 02-12-2016, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
  • My '13 7-series displays speed limit, callers, phone list, music selection all in the heads up
  • The whole touch pad thing is a joke, it is limited in nature to what you can actually draw on it (i.e. phone numbers only), and if you wanted to use it to actually search letters (i.e. contacts, navigation addresses/POIs, etc. you can't) - simply stupid!
  • Can't stand the Mercedes OS and how you navigate from menu to menu and setting to setting, I-Drive is soo much better
  • The Auto e-brake is enough to make me lose my mind, having to disengage that every day, and where the release is isn't convenient (i.e. why not put it in the center console vs. under the dash).
  • Camera button is not in a logical place, you can't see it from the driver's position easily, it should be in the center console so that you can easily pull it up when parking (pulling forward)
  • I miss the SAT radio DVR function that BMWs have, when a call comes in, the radio auto-pauses so you don't miss anything
  • Only one cigarette lighter socket in the whole car, and it is completely blocked if you have a drink the front cupholder, ridiculous in a 2015 lux vehicle
  • Lane departure / active cruise control gets very flakey at times, bouncing me between the lines or even not maintain my lane around curves (at an appropriate speed)
  • No Siri-eyes Free
  • Positive there are more, but I get even more depressed about the purchase thinking about more...

Wow! You have a long list. Sounds like you have significant buyers remorse. Do you really think the 7 Series is a better all around car?

A few thoughts:

* Heads Up Display--My '16 S has Speed Limit Assist while my '14 S you could not even order Heads Up Display;

* I liked the touch button "touch pad" in my '14 S better than my '16 S Iphone type "touch pad";

* You need to learn more about the e-brake. You do not need to release it by the lever--atleast that is the way it is in the '16 S. I just step on the gas and the e-brake automatically releases. Not sure how it works on the '15 S. My '14 S did not engage the e-brake automatically so I never worried about it on that car;

* I have atleast 2 two cigarette lighter sockets in the interior (1 in the front and one in the back). I think there is one in the trunk as well. I do have a loaded '16 S with every option (except the refrigerator and the 3D sound system) including the airplane style tables in the back so I may have one more cigarette lighter socket--not sure;

* I agree--the WIFI hotspot is a joke. In my opinion, this is the worst item regarding the S. This is simply idiotic. Slower than dial up from the mid '90s.

The S is not perfect but man you must be depressed and have significant buyer's remorse.

Do you really think the S was poorly engineered? You are comparing the S to the 7 Series? Are you serious or is this just your frustration talking?

I hope you find some happiness in the S because it truly is one of the best cars on the planet but clearly you do not think so. You need to find that car that makes you happy. If it is the 7 Series I suggest you get rid of the S and buy what makes you happy!
Old 02-12-2016, 09:52 AM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 S 650, 2014 SL 550, 2017 911 TTS Cab, '13 F458 Spider
  • No Siri-eyes Free
I agree with many (not all) of your points, however the car is truly amazing in my opinion, the positives far outweigh the negatives, truth is this is probably the best car I have ever had, I love driving it. Overall engineering is outstanding.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:52 PM

'15 S550
Originally Posted by MTrauman
Wow! You have a long list. Sounds like you have significant buyers remorse. Do you really think the 7 Series is a better all around car?

A few thoughts:

* Heads Up Display--My '16 S has Speed Limit Assist while my '14 S you could not even order Heads Up Display;

* I liked the touch button "touch pad" in my '14 S better than my '16 S Iphone type "touch pad";

* You need to learn more about the e-brake. You do not need to release it by the lever--atleast that is the way it is in the '16 S. I just step on the gas and the e-brake automatically releases. Not sure how it works on the '15 S. My '14 S did not engage the e-brake automatically so I never worried about it on that car;

* I have atleast 2 two cigarette lighter sockets in the interior (1 in the front and one in the back). I think there is one in the trunk as well. I do have a loaded '16 S with every option (except the refrigerator and the 3D sound system) including the airplane style tables in the back so I may have one more cigarette lighter socket--not sure;

* I agree--the WIFI hotspot is a joke. In my opinion, this is the worst item regarding the S. This is simply idiotic. Slower than dial up from the mid '90s.

The S is not perfect but man you must be depressed and have significant buyer's remorse.

Do you really think the S was poorly engineered? You are comparing the S to the 7 Series? Are you serious or is this just your frustration talking?

I hope you find some happiness in the S because it truly is one of the best cars on the planet but clearly you do not think so. You need to find that car that makes you happy. If it is the 7 Series I suggest you get rid of the S and buy what makes you happy!
Absolutely prefer the 7 than the S, and yes have MAJOR buyers remorse...I love the exterior styling of the S, but as far as the drive and driver orientation in the 7; I won't be going MB again.

The e-brake behaves as you state, but I find it incredibly annoying, if I put it in D or R I just want to go, I don't want to have to tap the gas to release and then tap the gas again to go, just retarded.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 201 Posts
2022 EQS580
Absolutely prefer the 7 than the S, and yes have MAJOR buyers remorse...I love the exterior styling of the S, but as far as the drive and driver orientation in the 7; I won't be going MB again.

The e-brake behaves as you state, but I find it incredibly annoying, if I put it in D or R I just want to go, I don't want to have to tap the gas to release and then tap the gas again to go, just retarded.
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. Unless the 2015/2016 S models are very different with the 2014 model, if one engages the e-brake all you need to do to disengage it is to press the gas pedal. It's very simple and I use the e-brake quite often.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

So the S-Class has poor ergonomics because it's not a BMW

Coming off a 750li myself I found their config ridiculous. Chief amongst them was the surround view camera, auto-hold button and requirement to code the car manually to do simple things like having the wisher wipers and auto hi-beam on default. Or close the trunk via button, fold the mirrors or not having to pull the door handle twice just to open the door. Never mind that you have to press the engine stop button twice to actually turn off the car...

Last edited by Wolfman; 02-15-2016 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Btw, owners of the new BMW 7 series are reporting the same iPhone cut-outs as described here and have a bulletin out for that.

They are listing this as a phone issue (IOS8.2 & higher) and are investigating it. Just FYI
Old 02-15-2016, 04:56 PM

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 S550 4matic
Just to be fair I left BMW 7 series after 10 years because of their redesign ineptness. Be careful comparing the two especially if some of your concerns can be rectified by studying the Comand manual a bit more. I've learned an awful lot about the current S550 by reading parts of the manual others weren't willing to read, rather they posted their questions here.

Before raising a concern diligence in discovering an already discovered answer would be appropriate.

swaynesworld
Old 02-16-2016, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

I mentioned that BMW has the same issues as stated in this thread.

FYI. Here is BMW's service bulletin on the Bluetooth cut-outs from Feb.6.16. This is more or less impacting all cars.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
iPhone Bluetooth.pdf (193.3 KB, 179 views)
Old 05-25-2017, 09:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S550
I had connection issues then I did reset comand system and it has been working fine
Old 05-25-2017, 10:15 PM

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts
2015 MBZ S 550
Originally Posted by Mhatahet
I had connection issues then I did reset comand system and it has been working fine
Please explain how this is done....thank you!!!
Old 05-25-2017, 11:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S550
To reset comand system in 2015 S550
Go to vehicle settings
then look at the left lower corner of the screen
Choose system settings
You get a list, scroll down to system reset and click it
Keep in mind you WILL lose all stored information like addresses
and POIs
Let me know if this works for you
The following users liked this post:
Socalsteve (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 10:51 AM

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts
2015 MBZ S 550
Originally Posted by Mhatahet
To reset comand system in 2015 S550
Go to vehicle settings
then look at the left lower corner of the screen
Choose system settings
You get a list, scroll down to system reset and click it
Keep in mind you WILL lose all stored information like addresses
and POIs
Let me know if this works for you
Thanks! I'll let you know. Moved from a iPhone 6 to a 7 plus and the 7 is kicking me on and off ( Bluetooth ) in my 2015 S550.

Hate that it loses all my radio presets and addresses stored in the nav though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: iPhone 6S Bluetooth issues with '15 S550