HRE Wheels | Mercedes S550 with HRE RS103 Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 01:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Widebody V8
HRE Wheels | Mercedes S550 with HRE RS103 Wheels

Mercedes S550 with HRE RS103 Wheels in Brushed Dark Clear by Wheels Boutique!

Thanks for taking a look!
The following users liked this post:
Iridium222 (04-18-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 06:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche Boxster
I ordered my now-at-the-dealer S550 with 18s. Your selection of 18 x 8.5s seems small - are there any forged 18s in your lineup (maybe I'm reading your site incorrectly)? And, of the wheels available in 18", do any exactly match the stock offset?
Not in the market at this point but curious. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:02 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
ah ha, this one again
Old 04-15-2016, 08:10 AM

Porsche Boxster
Originally Posted by hyperion667
ah ha, this one again
It's a pretty slow paced site, that's for sure.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Widebody V8
Originally Posted by Keadog
I ordered my now-at-the-dealer S550 with 18s. Your selection of 18 x 8.5s seems small - are there any forged 18s in your lineup (maybe I'm reading your site incorrectly)? And, of the wheels available in 18", do any exactly match the stock offset?
Not in the market at this point but curious. Thanks.
You can filter out the results on our site by selecting 18". I'd be honest though on such a giant car 18's are not ideal. When upgrading to a set of wheels that you're putting your hard earned dollar down for, might as well get it right the first time, and I can bet you dollars to donuts if you put 18's on in 3-4 weeks you're going to be kicking yourself that you didn't do at least 20".
Old 04-15-2016, 06:16 PM

Porsche Boxster
Originally Posted by HRE_Jurrian
You can filter out the results on our site by selecting 18". I'd be honest though on such a giant car 18's are not ideal. When upgrading to a set of wheels that you're putting your hard earned dollar down for, might as well get it right the first time, and I can bet you dollars to donuts if you put 18's on in 3-4 weeks you're going to be kicking yourself that you didn't do at least 20".
Quite the contrary. I picked it up today and put about 100 miles on it of mixed driving. Very comfortable, even with those run flats. I'm not enamored with the wide diameter/low profile tire set ups so popular today. I didn't order them to save money, nor was I concerned about looking cool.
I have 20s on my '16 Boxster GTS only because that's what the package came with. They're OK, but I could live without them. My '13 Boxster S had 19s and I wasn't overwhelmed with those either, but that's what came on the S at the time.
To each his own, I suppose, but you aren't implying 18s are functionally inferior, I hope? If so, why? I'm curious.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Widebody V8
Quite the contrary. I picked it up today and put about 100 miles on it of mixed driving. Very comfortable, even with those run flats. I'm not enamored with the wide diameter/low profile tire set ups so popular today. I didn't order them to save money, nor was I concerned about looking cool.
I have 20s on my '16 Boxster GTS only because that's what the package came with. They're OK, but I could live without them. My '13 Boxster S had 19s and I wasn't overwhelmed with those either, but that's what came on the S at the time.
To each his own, I suppose, but you aren't implying 18s are functionally inferior, I hope? If so, why? I'm curious.
Not implying they're functionally inferior, to each his own, but stylistically the majority of the end users of our wheels tend to go with the larger wheel size with the larger vehicles. Doesn't mean you have to follow suit, it's just an observation.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:26 PM

Porsche Boxster
Originally Posted by HRE_Jurrian
Not implying they're functionally inferior, to each his own, but stylistically the majority of the end users of our wheels tend to go with the larger wheel size with the larger vehicles. Doesn't mean you have to follow suit, it's just an observation.
Wow! I can't even type that fast!
Yeah, I'm old and disinterested. But, I believe you provide a superior product with a strong knowledge base from following your posts on Rennlist, so I was truly interested in whether you thought it was a safety/performance issue. Cosmetically, I just don't care. I bought this car as a DD for bad weather or when I don't want to take the Boxster (which I love, love, love). I'm getting it detailed/clear bra/ceramic, but it's not going to be anything approaching a garage queen.
As I'm sure you know, some of the 911s I drove through the 90s had 16" wheels, so 18s are huge to an old guy
This site is a tad slower moving than Rennlist, yes?
Old 04-15-2016, 06:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Widebody V8
Wow! I can't even type that fast!
Yeah, I'm old and disinterested. But, I believe you provide a superior product with a strong knowledge base from following your posts on Rennlist, so I was truly interested in whether you thought it was a safety/performance issue. Cosmetically, I just don't care. I bought this car as a DD for bad weather or when I don't want to take the Boxster (which I love, love, love). I'm getting it detailed/clear bra/ceramic, but it's not going to be anything approaching a garage queen.
As I'm sure you know, some of the 911s I drove through the 90s had 16" wheels, so 18s are huge to an old guy
This site is a tad slower moving than Rennlist, yes?
No it's certainly not a question of safety or performance it's 100% a matter of stylistic preference and opinion. Every market segment as well will have their own niche to preferences too, so it's certainly not a matter of bigger is better, it's just the opinion of each person and what they can envision on their vehicle.

Car guys are car guys, I think we're all looking for the same thing which is performance and style, but ultimately certain styles of wheels, 5 spokes or mesh style wheels, they will all seem to suit certain cars better than others, but again this is a preference, so not everyone will feel the same way about wheels you may love on your vehicle, but there will also be quite a few people who do feel the same way (it's usually always like this).
Old 04-15-2016, 06:34 PM

Porsche Boxster
Picks of said wheels on "My first Mercedes" thread.
Thanks.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:14 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 W222 S550 / 2008 E90 328i
OMG a what a beauty! Spoke wheels look amazing on these cars especially when they're HRE's!!
Old 04-18-2016, 11:01 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Widebody V8
Originally Posted by Iridium222
OMG a what a beauty! Spoke wheels look amazing on these cars especially when they're HRE's!!
Thank you!