2019 S-Class dealer order guide - attached

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 796 Likes on 752 Posts
2015 S550 Palladium/Deep Sea Blue, 2016 Tesla Model S 70D, 2015 Volvo XC70
2019 S-Class dealer order guide - attached

No sign at all of either exterior changes or the mild-hybrid drivetrain that Streamliner claimed in the thread I just saw the NEXT face lifted S Class—Undisguised—IN PERSON!

Still waiting for your "reveal", Streamliner.
The following 3 users liked this post by syswei:
aqs123 (02-28-2018), Carfan500 (03-03-2018), quantira2 (02-28-2018)
Old 02-28-2018, 02:47 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks for sharing this . Seems no changes other than the introduction of another silver color .

Originally Posted by syswei
No sign at all of either exterior changes or the mild-hybrid drivetrain that Streamliner claimed in the thread I just saw the NEXT face lifted S Class—Undisguised—IN PERSON!

Old 03-01-2018, 12:43 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2018 S560; 2021 GLS450 (on order)
On page 30, it seems to indicate that the Rear Seat Package also expanded quite a bit? It is not consistent with what is on page 25 though. Which one is right (I am assuming pg.25)?

I was looking for this for 2018, but could not find it. And it looks like I made a mistake . I went with R17 wheels as opposed to the default 11R. The reason I did that is because it is much easier to clean, which has been a problem with my current ride. Some people may not like the look R17 has, but I am not hung up on that. The issue is, I had not realized that R17 actually came with narrower and less sidewall tires relative to 11R. I am sure this information was there somewhere if I looked hard enough, but I had no idea... I would have expected the dealer to alert me to it, which did not happen either. This means that the car will be riding about an inch lower on R17's vs. 11R, do I get this right?

I guess I do not have many options now, I may still keep these wheels and use them for winter tires, and go with 20" ones for summer.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:02 AM

I just checked the latest and greatest 2018 DOG. Rear seat package is exactly the same between 18 and 19.
DOG is a bit confusing. 325 comes with 326 - can not order 325 alone and Wireless charging is not part of rear seat package. it is a standalone option,.

Originally Posted by salamigs
On page 30, it seems to indicate that the Rear Seat Package also expanded quite a bit? It is not consistent with what is on page 25 though. Which one is right (I am assuming pg.25)?

I was looking for this for 2018, but could not find it. And it looks like I made a mistake . I went with R17 wheels as opposed to the default 11R. The reason I did that is because it is much easier to clean, which has been a problem with my current ride. Some people may not like the look R17 has, but I am not hung up on that. The issue is, I had not realized that R17 actually came with narrower and less sidewall tires relative to 11R. I am sure this information was there somewhere if I looked hard enough, but I had no idea... I would have expected the dealer to alert me to it, which did not happen either. This means that the car will be riding about an inch lower on R17's vs. 11R, do I get this right?

I guess I do not have many options now, I may still keep these wheels and use them for winter tires, and go with 20" ones for summer.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 796 Likes on 752 Posts
2015 S550 Palladium/Deep Sea Blue, 2016 Tesla Model S 70D, 2015 Volvo XC70
And it looks like I made a mistake . I went with R17 wheels as opposed to the default 11R. The reason I did that is because it is much easier to clean, which has been a problem with my current ride. Some people may not like the look R17 has, but I am not hung up on that. The issue is, I had not realized that R17 actually came with narrower and less sidewall tires relative to 11R. I am sure this information was there somewhere if I looked hard enough, but I had no idea... I would have expected the dealer to alert me to it, which did not happen either. This means that the car will be riding about an inch lower on R17's vs. 11R, do I get this right?

I couldn't understand at first what you meant, since both are 19" wheels, but I took the tire sizes from page 17, and this handy tire calculator and it does seem that, unless there is a mistake in the MB info, the sidewall heights do differ by .8-.9" so indeed it looks like R17 rides that much lower. Could be a mistake in the MB DOG, but if it isn't, one solution is to take your R17 and put different tires on it, to match the higher sidewall of the 11R...dealer might do it for you at a reasonable cost assuming they can resell the tires. Or, your dealer might have a customer who wants R17 on a car equipped with 11R, and the dealer could switch the wheel+tire sets between cars.

If the MB page 17 info is correct, then one tire or the other is going to result in speed and distance calculations that are wrong. Including cumulative odometer readings.

Last edited by syswei; 03-01-2018 at 08:53 AM.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:54 AM

Since I have not seen the 2018 DOG to this date (which is the source of my issue at any rate), would someone who has access to it compare the tire sizes from this 2019 DOG to the 2018 DOG?

I do agree with you that unless there is some sort of automatic compensation through sensors/calibration of some sort, the on board measurements would be off. That adds up quite a bit (as I remember back in Europe the taxis would install much smaller wheels and tires to get he meter spit out larger amounts). I will try to correlate to some other sources of information, but my expectation is DOG goes through a thorough review before release, so I am not that hopeful here...
Old 03-01-2018, 12:17 PM

If you are still interested in the latest DOG for MY-2018, PM me with your email address- i will send it to you

Since I have not seen the 2018 DOG to this date (which is the source of my issue at any rate), would someone who has access to it compare the tire sizes from this 2019 DOG to the 2018 DOG?

I do agree with you that unless there is some sort of automatic compensation through sensors/calibration of some sort, the on board measurements would be off. That adds up quite a bit (as I remember back in Europe the taxis would install much smaller wheels and tires to get he meter spit out larger amounts). I will try to correlate to some other sources of information, but my expectation is DOG goes through a thorough review before release, so I am not that hopeful here...

Last edited by quantira2; 03-01-2018 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:46 PM

Thanks. But I do not think it will make a difference as it will not be conclusive. If it is the same, then may be they had the same type in both. If they are different, I do not know which one has the typo...

Instead, if there is someone on the forum who got the R17 style wheels on either the S450 or the S560, it would be great to ask them...
Old 04-30-2018, 12:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 SLK350
Question exclusive DOG

Does anyone have the non-sedan ordering guide?
Old 04-30-2018, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 201 Posts
2022 EQS580

I have one very important question for anyone in the know here. On the specs for the 2019 S Class, it states that the trunk space is only 12.28 CF. That contradicts what I have read and seen elsewhere about the refreshed S Class. I have read that the trunk space is 16+ CF even with the Warmth and Comfort package. The 2019 S450 I ordered has the W & C package but no fridge box or 3D sound system. So what is the truth on the trunk space with the W & C package as an option which allows some reclining of the rear seats? Could that 12.28 CF be with the 3D sound as an option?
Old 04-30-2018, 02:35 PM

There is one thing I saw in the 2019 DOG, which concerned me with respect to the wheel selection of mine. I had selected the R17 wheel on my 2018 S560, and the 2018 DOG did not list the dimensions in there. In the 2019 DOG, the R17 and the default 11R wheels had different tire sizes on them;

11R --> 245/45R19 front, 275/40R19 for rear
R17 --> 225/40R19 front, 245/35R19 for rear

This concerned me as the width and sidewall size for these tires would be very different. Which sounded to me like a problem for the vehicle as well, and I was thinking it was a misprint. But I was also mentally preparing myself to swap the wheels and use these for winter tires instead. However, I am happy to report that my R17 wheels came with the exact tire sizes above that are reported for the 11R wheels. So, no issues, and I like the looks (and the maintenance) better.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:37 PM

As for the trunk space, I have all the trunk space reducing packages except 3D and the refrigerator. While I have no measured it, it looks closer to 16 than 12.28 to me... I have the W&C, reclining and massaging seats, and a few other goodies that I am told would be reducing the trunk space.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
As for the trunk space, I have all the trunk space reducing packages except 3D and the refrigerator. While I have no measured it, it looks closer to 16 than 12.28 to me... I have the W&C, reclining and massaging seats, and a few other goodies that I am told would be reducing the trunk space.
Thank you. That's what I thought.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 S560; 2021 C300
Rear Seat Package

Salamigs, I'm dealing with this very issue right now. I ordered a 2018 S560 w/ rear-seat package (and every other required package--Warmth and Comfort + PRE-SAFE) with the understanding (from my dealer) that it would include the EASY-ADJUST head-restraints. My vehicle arrived yesterday WITHOUT said head-restraints and I have now been lead to believe that I am the one who made the mistake and actually needed to order the Executive Rear Seat package as well. I've been trying without success to get more information as to how MBUSA's literature could have such a glaring error as every vehicle I have found online with photos that is spec'd to the same level as mine also appears to have been built without the EASY-ADJUST restraints. I was contemplating not taking delivery of the car and re-ordering a 2019 hoping that the issue would have been resolved with the 2019 DOG, but seeing that the discrepancies presists, I have no confidence that I would end up with all of the features advertised in the Rear Seat Package and would also take an additional hit on my trade in by waiting an additional 4-6 months.

My dealership is willing to write off the cost of the additional packages I ordered given that they knew at the time of ordering that I specifically added the Rear Seat Package, etc. for those head-restraints and they did not deliver the car as advertised and sold. If you haven't already taken delivery of your car, I would certain bring up the fact that MBUSA is not providing all of the features advertised in the package as a bargaining tool for further reduction in the option cost.

Good luck and I'd welcome any updates you may have received on your end regarding the Rear Seat Package. Personally, the whole thing is driving me mad!
Old 05-23-2018, 07:17 PM

Well, in theory the document was not self consistent to begin with, as I indicated earlier. The reason I had pointed that out was the rear wireless charging on page 30, which does not exist on page 25. Now for the EASY-ADJUST Rear Head Restraints, I can offer the below;

I have the EASY-ADJUST Rear Head Restraints, but then I realized I Have Executive Rear Seating Package, which has Rear Seat Package as a prerequisite. So that did not help. But then I got curious, and went to the order sheet. In there I found that EASY-ADJUST rear-seat head restraints is listed as part of the Rear Seat Package. Not the executive one. Here is what it says;

Rear Seat Package $1700
Power right rear footrest
4-zone automatic climate control
EASY-ADJUST rear-seat head restraints

Executive Rear Seat Package $3500
Multicontour rear seats with massage
Executive right rear seat
Cushionbag seat-integrated airbag

It looks like in your case, there was a manufacturing error, as the builds are not done by packages in there, they all are individual options. It kinda boggles my mind that there could still be such errors, as they ought to be controlling/checking everything before the vehicle rolls off the line, but I guess human errors can also happen. I am sure they will do something about it for you though, as this is not a hard thing to prove that it was their fault...
The following users liked this post:
MrMBenz1 (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 07:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 S560; 2021 C300
Hi Salamigs! I went through the same analysis of the D.O.G. along with my sales associate at the time of ordering, and both concluded that we configured my car properly so as to secure the EASY-ADJUST head rests; I even have the paperwork which lists the item on my build confirmation. Unfortunately, in typical overly complicated Mercedes-fashion, somewhere between inputting the order and whatever happens just before production, the item inexplicably disappears. In fact, the only way to get EASY-ADJUST is to build the car with the Executive Package such as in your car. We tried to re-order for a 2019 and found the same results. Moreover, my dealer performed a search of all US inventory equipped with my packages and found that no 2018 vehicles spec'd to the same level were delivered with the EASY-ADJUST as advertised by MBUSA.

I am at once relieved to learn that my car is not an anomaly, but disappointed that even after doing my homework and confirming with my sales associate at the time of ordering that I did everything necessary to obtain all of the features I wanted, it was ultimately for not. Kudos to my dealership, however, for taking ownership of the situation. They were well aware of my intentions at the time of ordering and there is a paper trail showing that I only had interest in the Warmth & Comfort Package, but consented to the additional $3k in options to add Rear Seat and PRE-SAFE packages just to get those darn head rests. As mentioned in my earlier post, the dealership honored their offer of removing the cost of those unnecessary (to me) options, plus an additional $500, from my negotiated price. I would have preferred to skip the discount and gotten what I actually wanted, but at the end of the day, I am more than satisfied with the customer service recovery and will undoubtedly forget about the headrests within a few day...or at least until I see another 2018 with EASY-ADJUST!

I wish these types of situations would be communicated with MBUSA to help improve the ordering process and perhaps push them to simplify their package structures, or better yet, make more items stand-alone options, but I have a feeling I have a better shot at winning the powerball... Small potatoes in the grand scheme of things and I am just looking forward to picking up the car on Saturday!

Thanks for your thoughts and at least confirming that I was not actually crazy for interpreting the order guide the way I did! Enjoy your ride
Old 05-24-2018, 11:49 AM

Congratulations on your new car in that case
Old 07-30-2018, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G55 CL55
Does anyone have the latest 2019 S class dealer order guide for the S560?
Also looking for the latest 2019 GLC300 Coupe 4matic dealer order guide if anyone has it?
Old 08-11-2018, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 241 Likes on 202 Posts
A car
In case anyone is interested, the MY19 changes in Canada are attached.

What pisses me off is now the S450 4matic is staggered, much like on my car. What a stupid stupid design. I have reached out to my sales person to confirm. If it really has gone staggered as per the guide, I'm not buying an S.
Attached Files

Last edited by superangrypenguin; 08-11-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
In case anyone is interested, the MY19 changes in Canada are attached.

What pisses me off is now the S450 4matic is staggered, much like on my car. What a stupid stupid design. I have reached out to my sales person to confirm. If it really has gone staggered as per the guide, I'm not buying an S.
What exactly do you mean by “staggered”?
Old 08-12-2018, 12:42 AM

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2012 E550 Sedan
Originally Posted by BeanTrader
What exactly do you mean by “staggered”?
Staggered means the front tires are not the same size as the rear tires, which means you cannot rotate them.
superangrypenguin (08-12-2018)
Old 08-12-2018, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
Originally Posted by jumpman726
Staggered means the front tires are not the same size as the rear tires, which means you cannot rotate them.
Precisely, and in fact that is why I'm very frustrated with this. I just might end up pushed into an E class if this is the case as the E has a non staggered 18" setup.

Last edited by superangrypenguin; 08-12-2018 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 SLK350
Nothing wrong with staggered

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Precisely, and in fact that is why I'm very frustrated with this. I just might end up pushed into an E class if this is the case as the E has a non staggered 18" setup.
Staggered is a good thing. It means the right sized tires are in the right place for best performance.

Rotating tires is a thing of the past, at least for quality cars. It was actually a hold-over from bias ply tires.
The best tires are not even symmetric and are made to go a single direction; so you cannot even fully rotate them even if they are non-staggered.

The current mindset is one changes tires in pairs (front vs. back) because they wear at different rates depending on the car and driving style.
Left to right should wear more or less the same unless you always turn in the same direction (e.g. a track car) or there is something unaligned.

Sure for my decade old corolla, I put new tires on the front and move them to the back when they have almost no tread on them, but that is not what one does with a car like a S-class.
johndong888 (10-03-2018)
Old 08-12-2018, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
Originally Posted by Vodil
Staggered is a good thing. It means the right sized tires are in the right place for best performance.

Rotating tires is a thing of the past, at least for quality cars. It was actually a hold-over from bias ply tires.
The best tires are not even symmetric and are made to go a single direction; so you cannot even fully rotate them even if they are non-staggered.

The current mindset is one changes tires in pairs (front vs. back) because they wear at different rates depending on the car and driving style.
Left to right should wear more or less the same unless you always turn in the same direction (e.g. a track car) or there is something unaligned.

Sure for my decade old corolla, I put new tires on the front and move them to the back when they have almost no tread on them, but that is not what one does with a car like a S-class.
No one is tracking or even driving a s450 close to the limit here. This is not even a s550 we are talking about. It's patently absurd what MB is doing here. No other high end luxury car has staggered tires other than say BMW.

Are you aware rfts have poor tread life? It's be great to be able to rotate the Primacy Mxm4 Rfts. They are an assemetrical MO tire.