Is 7 months on the lot too much???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by superpop
The MB pictures make that interior look really bad, like vomit in my mouth a little bit bad. The photographer clearly washed these images out to the point of absurdity.
The issue is with the tech used on the website. This is straight out of Photoshop and not actual photos.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:16 PM

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts
2018 S560 4Matic Anth Blue
Yeah, I was pretty put off when I first saw ads for the color, but then saw the real thing. Plus, I've moved away from the Ruby Black exterior and found a Designo White like I have now that looks really good with the Mahogany. It's a $119k car and I'm talking with them today about a final price (remember, I WASN'T shopping dammit). My local dealer who sold me my car seemed oddly reluctant to reach out for it for transfer first so I'm doing direct deal. Hopefully, if I buy, local service won't have an attitude. I recall when taking my current car in for its first service, the invoice showed a comment saying "New Car, bought from us, show enthusiasm". That surprised me that they put that in view. Photos from their website of the actual car:

Old 05-12-2018, 04:37 PM

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
20 G63, 19 720s
Originally Posted by flint350
Yeah, I was pretty put off when I first saw ads for the color, but then saw the real thing. Plus, I've moved away from the Ruby Black exterior and found a Designo White like I have now that looks really good with the Mahogany. It's a $119k car and I'm talking with them today about a final price (remember, I WASN'T shopping dammit). My local dealer who sold me my car seemed oddly reluctant to reach out for it for transfer first so I'm doing direct deal. Hopefully, if I buy, local service won't have an attitude. I recall when taking my current car in for its first service, the invoice showed a comment saying "New Car, bought from us, show enthusiasm". That surprised me that they put that in view. Photos from their website of the actual car:

I dunno about that interior color on a white car. I have the unofficial launch S560 in ruby/mahogany. The interior is definitely subjective as I hated it from the initial pictures but it actually an awesome looking combo in person. I also get plenty of thumbs up for the exterior color, especially when it's sunny out.

Only gripe I have with this combo is the beige carpets. My '15 S550 was black, super easy to keep clean. I had to get custom liners for this car to maintain the beige look.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

Ruby black is a nice color and not controversial. Only the interior was

That said, it is not mainstream color and as such recommended more for a lease as it will be more difficult to sell.
I am personally bored with regular black cars and love a second color mixed in.
At the moment we have a matte black on our AMG and it is stunning (it has blue sparkles in the paint, called night black magno). Loved our magnetite black in the S550 and the mocha black is fantastic in the sun. Then there is obsidian black which to me just looks dusty.
The ruby black is similar to Mocha black , just in red instead of brown. Really shines in the sun
Old 05-12-2018, 07:58 PM

20 G63, 19 720s
Spot on Wolf. I believe u went matte blk e? How is it holding up? Really want to get a matte G next.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:20 PM

There's just something about those Mahogany seats that attracts me. But, I've decided if I'm going to really shop and consider serious money, I'm going to look into special order. Don't know if the '19's can be ordered yet or not. Wolf, you're the expert on this stuff- is it the seat color that bugs you or the combination with other interiors/exteriors? Is there any combo with the Mahogany you think would look good? Just curious, bcz I will surely decide based on what I like and I've got time now that I will order special. Thanks for all the helpful comments in this thread folks. I really didn't expect as much input as this.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 796 Likes on 752 Posts
2015 S550 Palladium/Deep Sea Blue, 2016 Tesla Model S 70D, 2015 Volvo XC70
flint350,

Color preference is a personal thing, and imo you should try to see mahogany in person, preferably outdoors (for the natural light), before ordering. Personally, if I order a 2019, it will probably be mahogany. I did see it once in person, but it was at the back of the showroom, so in artificial light (and not very bright in that spot). To me, the color is inferior to the Deep Sea Blue I have now (which for the facelift MB has made too expensive, and has taken off the seats, leaving only the upper dash and window sills in blue). I felt when I saw the mahogany that it wasn't 100% appealing, but rather the best (for me personally) of some mediocre choices. Just like exterior color, MB doesn't provide anything I love, so I'll have to settle for something I merely like.

Last edited by syswei; 05-12-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by syswei
flint350,

Color preference is a personal thing, and imo you should try to see mahogany in person, preferably outdoors (for the natural light), before ordering.
I agree completely and have searched most of the day to find one within reasonable distance. MB's website sucks for finding specific interior colors, Mahogany is listed as "other" and the results won't give the actual dealer location. I finally found one about 1 1/2 hours from me and decided it would make a nice drive on Monday. It's in an Anthracite Blue S560 with the black Piano trim, so come Monday I'll know how it looks.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by johndong888
Spot on Wolf. I believe u went matte blk e? How is it holding up? Really want to get a matte G next.
Holding up great if you are willing to hand-wash Nothing you can run through the car wash

It really makes the car stand out. The care is quite easy and the paint good so far. There is a special wash for matte paint (Dr. Beasley) which works great. Since the cars get hand washed anyway since is no big change for us.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

There's just something about those Mahogany seats that attracts me. But, I've decided if I'm going to really shop and consider serious money, I'm going to look into special order. Don't know if the '19's can be ordered yet or not. Wolf, you're the expert on this stuff- is it the seat color that bugs you or the combination with other interiors/exteriors? Is there any combo with the Mahogany you think would look good? Just curious, bcz I will surely decide based on what I like and I've got time now that I will order special. Thanks for all the helpful comments in this thread folks. I really didn't expect as much input as this.
Ruby Black is actually a great combo for the interior. I just don't like the mahogany color itself. Before we decided to change sedans to a more nimble E63s (my wife prefers a smaller sedan) I was going to order a magnetite black with porcelain white/black interior. I love that interior and we have that in our SL (iridium silver).

If this interior would have made it to the US as it was supposed to, I would have taken it instead.

The following users liked this post:
flint350 (05-13-2018)
Old 05-13-2018, 09:32 PM

20 G63, 19 720s
Originally Posted by Wolfman
Holding up great if you are willing to hand-wash Nothing you can run through the car wash

It really makes the car stand out. The care is quite easy and the paint good so far. There is a special wash for matte paint (Dr. Beasley) which works great. Since the cars get hand washed anyway since is no big change for us.
What if I don’t wash the car? Lol. I haven’t gotten anything washed in the longest time.

OP, if you like the original car, maybe try to push for a bigger discount. 6% off is ridiculously low. I got 12% off mine more than 6 months ago. Same car, same msrp. I used to always wait for the next big thing but it’s hard in tech and cars.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:30 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 S550 4 Matic Sport, 2015 BMW 528xi, 2012 BMW 528xi (gone), 2011 BMW Z4 (Yellow - gone)
FWIW, regarding the car washing, I. It iced fine scratches in my chrome window trim, I think from my car wash. I don’t love the scratches, it I would rather have those small scratches and a clean, machine washed car, than no,scratches and a perpetually filthy car.
i DO plan to,detail/wax in a couple of weekends, I have a great finish...let’s keep it that way! (I’m not monkeying with glass or ceramics).
Old 05-14-2018, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
Ruby Black is actually a great combo for the interior. I just don't like the mahogany color itself. Before we decided to change sedans to a more nimble E63s (my wife prefers a smaller sedan) I was going to order a magnetite black with porcelain white/black interior. I love that interior and we have that in our SL (iridium silver).

If this interior would have made it to the US as it was supposed to, I would have taken it instead.

I've seen something like that on a 213, only once though.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't see this color on Mercedes' German site.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:04 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 S450, 2020GLC300
I saw this same color combo (diamond white/Mohogany/brown ash) when I was looking for my car. It looks very elegant.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:07 PM

Well, I took my drive and finally got to see the Mahogany in person. The dealership had 2, a Magnetite Black and an Anthracite Blue - until sun fully came out, they were tough to distinguish. But I prefer the blue. Diff was that the black had dark walnut wood and the blue had the Designo Piano Black wood. Personally, I still like the look of the Mahogany and God knows it's nothing like the MB photos. I took several shots of the cars side by side to compare at home. The dealer seemed stuck on 7% w/o my giving all my info. Both cars were well optioned in the low to mid $120's, but I've ruled out the black - looks dusty. Not sure how I'm going to go, but I may make an offer.

Found out something I was misinformed about on the 2018's. I had read several sources that said the wireless charging is Apple IOS only. Not so, as it quickly started charging my Galaxy S8+ when I put it in the center console. Myth busted! I'm not going to post the pics as we've all seen them before, but I did like the seats and the Piano Black impressed me more than I expected. If they or any other dealer around here stays stuck on 7%, I may just order new or even consider Europe Del.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:13 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 S 650, 2014 SL 550, 2017 911 TTS Cab, '13 F458 Spider
Well, I took my drive and finally got to see the Mahogany in person. The dealership had 2, a Magnetite Black and an Anthracite Blue - until sun fully came out, they were tough to distinguish. But I prefer the blue. Diff was that the black had dark walnut wood and the blue had the Designo Piano Black wood. Personally, I still like the look of the Mahogany and God knows it's nothing like the MB photos. I took several shots of the cars side by side to compare at home. The dealer seemed stuck on 7% w/o my giving all my info. Both cars were well optioned in the low to mid $120's, but I've ruled out the black - looks dusty. Not sure how I'm going to go, but I may make an offer.

Found out something I was misinformed about on the 2018's. I had read several sources that said the wireless charging is Apple IOS only. Not so, as it quickly started charging my Galaxy S8+ when I put it in the center console. Myth busted! I'm not going to post the pics as we've all seen them before, but I did like the seats and the Piano Black impressed me more than I expected. If they or any other dealer around here stays stuck on 7%, I may just order new or even consider Europe Del.
I agree, 7% is no bargain IMO
Old 05-14-2018, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

You can get 10%-11% for ED any day of the week if a European trip is interesting to you. Just keep in mind that the MF is higher on ED if you consider a lease...
Old 05-15-2018, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Would be interested to see pics if you have a chance. Do you mean the Piano with lines or not?
Old 05-15-2018, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 473 Likes on 327 Posts
2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
To the O.P. ......You should be able to get this car for $15, 000 off MSRP for STARTERS. 7 months is a sign for a desperate sale. It's in your court now, not theirs. The build date probably has it as a one year old car by now. Just imagine what the wholesale of this car is if you immediately took it in for a trade for something else. Look up that value and add perhaps $10,000 and that's all it is worth.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by syswei
Would be interested to see pics if you have a chance. Do you mean the Piano with lines or not?
The wood is the Piano Black Designo but not with the lines. It looks exactly like the photos in the first post in the thread, just the exterior is blue not ruby.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by MBS63AMG
To the O.P. ......You should be able to get this car for $15, 000 off MSRP for STARTERS. 7 months is a sign for a desperate sale. It's in your court now, not theirs. The build date probably has it as a one year old car by now. Just imagine what the wholesale of this car is if you immediately took it in for a trade for something else. Look up that value and add perhaps $10,000 and that's all it is worth.
I understand and have long since moved on from that car. I'm looking at a 23 day old car locally now.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 473 Likes on 327 Posts
2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
I understand and have long since moved on from that car. I'm looking at a 23 day old car locally now.
Oops!
Old 05-16-2018, 06:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The wood is the Piano Black Designo but not with the lines. It looks exactly like the photos in the first post in the thread, just the exterior is blue not ruby.
Looking at let's say the upper dash in the your first post, in the 3rd pic the leather looks more brown, but in the 5th (last) pic it has a more reddish tone. Which do you think is the more accurate representation? I still haven't seen this leather in person in natural light.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:06 AM

Yeah, I see that. Here's my personal photos (phone) of the same area showing part of the seats and the upper dash. It looks pretty close to what I saw but differing light and shadows change some areas. Overall, the darker, more brown seat color is what you get, but the dash, due to the windshield light, tends to photograph lighter in full sun.

The following 2 users liked this post by flint350:
Carfan500 (05-16-2018), syswei (05-16-2018)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is 7 months on the lot too much???