S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Auto-Tilting Function on Rear Ent. System - Is it available on both Monitors??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 06:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes S600 Maybach, Porsche 997 C2S
Auto-Tilting Function on Rear Ent. System - Is it available on both Monitors??

Does anybody know if the auto-tilting of the rear monitors is available for both rear seats?

One day I noticed the monitor of the rear driver side was tilted at a very steep angle, almost unviewable from the rear seat.

When I sit at the passenger side rear seat, the monitor will auto tilt according to the slant of the front passenger seat. However, when I adjust the driver side front seat, the rear monitor of the driver side does not move at all. I thought the auto tilting function was broken, so I brought it in for servicing.

The serviceman told me the driver side monitor does not tilt and is at a fixed position at all times. I can't believe when the driver slants his seat, the rear passenger basically can't even see the monitor. I don't believe that Mercedes would design a monitor that is not adjustable.

Anybody with rear entertainment system, who can tell me if the rear monitor of the driver side should be:
1) auto-tilt or
2) manual tilt or
3) fixed with no tilt?

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2018, 06:14 AM

Received 520 Likes on 286 Posts
18 AMG GTC and 22 F150 Limited. Past owner 16 Maybach, 17 Brabus Smartcar, 06 Ford E150, and 22 G70
Our Maybach has the screen auto tilt on the passenger side. The driver side is Manual tilt with you actually moving it with your hand.
The following 3 users liked this post by Katie22:
gkfkee (06-14-2018), Nice Ride (10-11-2022), Robb92914 (10-09-2022)
Old 10-09-2022, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2022 Maybach S680
Rear Display Angle

Originally Posted by gkfkee
Does anybody know if the auto-tilting of the rear monitors is available for both rear seats?

One day I noticed the monitor of the rear driver side was tilted at a very steep angle, almost unviewable from the rear seat.

When I sit at the passenger side rear seat, the monitor will auto tilt according to the slant of the front passenger seat. However, when I adjust the driver side front seat, the rear monitor of the driver side does not move at all. I thought the auto tilting function was broken, so I brought it in for servicing.

The serviceman told me the driver side monitor does not tilt and is at a fixed position at all times. I can't believe when the driver slants his seat, the rear passenger basically can't even see the monitor. I don't believe that Mercedes would design a monitor that is not adjustable.

Anybody with rear entertainment system, who can tell me if the rear monitor of the driver side should be:
1) auto-tilt or
2) manual tilt or
3) fixed with no tilt?

Thanks!

This should help!