Non-Mercedes Classifieds Non-Mercedes related items for sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

996 Koni Car for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 02:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
996 Koni Car for sale

Hey guys this is a good friend of mine's car

Please email him only if you're a serious buyer,

==========================
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...-car-sale.html

Gentlemen,

I'm selling my '00 tub 996 koni car. I've tried to be as comprehensive in the description as possible, but any questions can be directed to bfett_d@yahoo.com - also I have a boat ton of pictures in various livery.

The important bit first; price is $47k. And yes the bobafett keychain comes with it

Car was built by RPM Racing in Virginia to compete in the Grand-Cup series for three seasons. and campaigned by Mike Pickett, Spencer Pumpelly and Andy Lally as their #28 car.

The car started life as a 2000 tub Carrera 2, which was completely torn down and rebuilt with 2002+ bodywork as a racecar by RPM to compete in this series.

Basic specs:

Here are the specs on the cars:
-3.6 liter engine with 340hp
-2675lbs (wet).
-8 point Roll cage by TPC
-SPA fire system
-7-way adjustable front and rear sway bars
-3-way adjustable JRZ shocks
-1600-1800# springs
-GT3R rear differential
-transmission cooler
-auxilliary cooling fans
-Racing Radios transmitter and wiring
-Recaro driver's seat
-6-point harness
-GT3 body kit with rear wing
-front and rear tow hooks
-safety disconnect switch
-weight box and battery box
-single dry break for fuel
-3-piece BBS wheels

The car is bullet-proof reliable, designed to run all day long. It has run in 100+ temps at Willow springs with no issues. I bought it after it got completely rebuilt, with trick internals but the compression ratio is two ticks above stock and so it can run pump gas. The motor was balanced and blueprinted, and should last for tens of thousand of miles, not measured in hours.

The car has a street title, with bills of sale through the owners. It is not street registered currently, but I’ve driven it on the streets through occupational plates, and I have done all of the paperwork here in California to have it street registered (DMV inspection and VIN verification, smog testing at a test-only facility, DMV statement of purpose, proof of ownership, etc).

I purchased the car with the intent of running in the Unlimited Class for La Carrera Panamerica, which for some unknown reason had no entrants. It is faster than a 997GT3 on track, and has done the following lap times:

Laguna..........1:36’s.
Daytona........2:02.9
Mid Ohio........1:35's
Miller..............2:11's
Atlanta.........1:35's

Since the purchase, I had GMG Motorsports in Santa Ana, CA. go through the entire car to ensure it is tip-top. Then once I brought the car back up to SF, I had WEVO go through the car in their special project / racing division. For those who don’t know, WEVO is known for doing their shop stuff but Hayden Burvill who owns WEVO does race consulting and crewing projects for shops including Risi’s Le Mans efforts, Porsche’s Carrera GT test runs, etc. I had WEVO also move the fire extinguisher, install different tires (R-compounds over the Hoosiers), recalibrate the suspension & fix suspension geometry accordingly, add a second Recaro seat with six point Schroth harnesses, etc.

I had it inspected by multiple shops to make sure absolutely nothing was of concern and the tub is 100% straight. The original shop, RPM, painted their color scheme on top of the Arctic Silver paint the car has. GMG went ahead and did a vinyl wrap for me on the car which I kept for some time. I then removed the wrap, replaced the glass (it was faded, scratched, just not very clear). Once I pulled the wrap, I decided to have a paint shop in Hollywood strip the whole car, remanufacture the bumpers to make sure they are ok, pull any bad glass and replace them, and repaint the whole car silver to make it clean, simple and original.

Selling mainly because I’ve been diagnosed with a medical condition that prevents me from enjoying it. As mentioned, price is $47,000 and the car is currently in the Marina Del Rey / Venice area, though I can get it up to SF if conditions demand.

=============================

More pictures are in the linked thread