Non-Mercedes Classifieds Non-Mercedes related items for sale by members.
Mark this thread as Sold

1998 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro - 118k - Black - 5 Speed - $3995 obo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 11:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody, Porsche Cayenne, International Scout
1998 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro - 118k - Black - 5 Speed - $3995 obo

Up for sale is my 1998 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro with Manual Transmission. It has 118k miles, and looks great! This car is fully loaded with all power options, including power locks, windows, mirrors and moonroof. It has a newer Sony CD/MP3 player with remote, along with Infinity speakers and rear-mounted Infinity 4-channel amp. The climate control works great and the a/c system blows ice cold! The black paint with matching black Enkei wheels is eye-catching and this A4 has the performance to match. In addition, the interior is super clean and the leather interior is virtually flawless, except for a scratch in the driver's seat (see pictures). I bought this car from a private seller about 3 1/2 years ago, and have only put about 17k miles on it since I've had it. I mainly use it now in the winter, as it works miracles in the snow and ice that we get here in the Midwest! The Kelly Blue Book Value for a private-party sale (in only "fair" condition) is $4835, and that's without all of the goodies that you will get with this A4. Yes, my loss is going to be someone else's gain. You won't be disappointed. Overall, the engine runs very strong, and there are a few extra "goodies" that help in this area, as well (smile). Installed to enhance performance is a K&N direct air intake, aftermarket "halo" headlamps, GIAC chip and Supersprint exhaust . The power from the 2.8L V6 is evident already and these modifications help even more! The rear tires have less than 3k miles on them, and the fronts have less than 13k miles and still have about 80% of their tread. Indeed, this is one clean A4. $3995 OBO.

Well, here's what you'll get:

Standard Features on this '98 A4 Quattro include:
Bucket Seats Center Console
Fog Lights Power Heated Mirrors
Lighted Entry System Locking Differential
Power Brakes Rear Window Defroster
2.8L V6 DOHC 30V FI Engine Premium Unleaded Fuel Required
5-Speed Manual Transmission Tachometer
4-Wheel ABS Driver and Passenger Front Airbags
Front Side Airbags Anti-Theft Alarm System
Cruise Control Power Steering
Remote Trunk Release Tilt and Telescopic Steering Wheel
Leather Steering Wheel Trim Air Conditioning
Automatic Climate Control Intermittent Windshield Wipers
Power Windows 190HP 2.8L V6 engine
Power Door Locks Full-time AWD

Optional Features include:
Keyless Entry System Leather Seating
Aftermarket "Halo" Headlamps Power Moonroof
Sport Seats Premium CD Player and audio system
Sport Suspension "Audi" badged seat belt shoulder pads
All-weather hexagon floormats Trip Computer
LLTek Motorsports molded floormats Sport Steering Wheel

Performance Modifications include:
Supersprint Performance Exhaust
GIAC Engine Performance Chip
18" Enkei aftermarket wheels (stock 16" wheels included as well)
K&N Direct air intake

Mechanical / Cosmetic Issues:
Obviously, with this car being on the road for 13 years, there are some imperfections which keep it from being mint. I have done my best to list them below. For starters, the paint is in good shape but there are some paint chips, nicks and scratches due to normal wear and tear. The plastic body molding normally on the doors and under the front bumper has been removed, but as you can see, the car maintains the clean lines that A4s are known for. As I mentioned above, the interior is in really good shape, except for a scratch in the leather on the driver's seat. The front windshield is cracked and will eventually need to be replaced. I do not have an electronic key fob for the door locks, but the key does control the door locks and anti-theft system when manually locking and unlocking the doors. The fuel gauge recently stopped working, but the rest of the gauges (including speedometer, odometer, etc.) work fine. Mechanically, the engine runs strong, but the "Check Engine" light is on due to an O2 sensor. I don't think it's extremely expensive to repair, but I don't currently have the time to take it in to have it fixed. In addition, I knew that I was selling the car and I have adjusted the price of the car to capture this flaw. In addition, the "ABS" light is on. I believe there is something wrong with the ABS sensor, as the brakes have worked fine since I've owned the car. I have driven this car consistently in the harsh Midwest winters, including snow and ice, and my A4 has never let me down. The sure-footing of the Quattro all-wheel-drive system delivers excellent performance in all climates.

$3995 OBO! More photos available upon request. Please email me with any questions. I am in the Kansas City, MO area and I am more than happy to help! Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails 1998 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro - 118k - Black - 5 Speed - 95 obo-dscf0528.jpg   1998 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro - 118k - Black - 5 Speed - 95 obo-dscf0532.jpg   1998 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro - 118k - Black - 5 Speed - 95 obo-dscf0527.jpg   1998 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro - 118k - Black - 5 Speed - 95 obo-dscf0537.jpg   1998 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro - 118k - Black - 5 Speed - 95 obo-dscf0543.jpg  

1998 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro - 118k - Black - 5 Speed - 95 obo-dscf0534.jpg  

Last edited by dlav06; 07-14-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody, Porsche Cayenne, International Scout
SOLD!!!